PDA

View Full Version : commision schedule

slowleak
02-20-2003, 04:28 PM
a friend of mine,well sort of, owns a semi-large landscape business with greenhouses,flowers trees.etc...what sort of percentage is fair for any work which i can't do at the time,should i throw his way,ask.?does this make any sense? thanks kevin

Kirk
02-20-2003, 05:29 PM
Perhaps clarifying what you are offering him will better help your responses. In other words, what services are you planning on supplying you "friend" with?

slowleak
02-20-2003, 06:55 PM
say i have work that is not my expertise,and my friend does. i give him the lead.he does the job. what is approriate compensation for a refferal.?

E-man
02-20-2003, 07:29 PM
I say make a deal with him if he does not do maintenance he can give you those leads and you can give leads on the projects you don't want or don't specialize in . I do this with alot of other contractors and it works out very well. Hope this helps

kris
02-20-2003, 07:49 PM
If you are selling the work for him , collecting money ...doing any paper work at all (subbing it out) charge him anywhere from 15%-25%
If you are simply giving him a phone number ...I'm not sure.
Had a guy give us 10% for all dethaching I sent his way last spring. If they were messages for me regarding this work I phoned him with a list of names and numbers ..if I happened to answer the phone then I would simply give the customer his number.