PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP WHAT IS BEST WAY OF GETTING NEW ACCOUNTS

IRISH
08-25-2000, 11:43 PM
I was wondering if you might give me a little feedback on what you feel is the best way at getting more work?

1. Go door to door?
2. Send out mailers?
3. The old fashioned person to person sales pitch?

HELP

cos
08-25-2000, 11:48 PM
how much money are you willing to spend?

Are you willing and is it worth you to give out flyers in your target neihborhoods?

what neihborhood's do you want to target (small postage stamp lawns or bigger high dollar lawns)?

bdemir
08-26-2000, 01:30 AM
If you want to target an area then go with the flyers in the areas you want to target.

If you just want work and dont care how far of a drive from one job to another then get five budies for two days and pass out a car load and i mean a car load like 20,000 flyers and you will get work. Make nice flyers and you will look better. This is good for getting work but you will get too many phone calls and get a lot of work depending on the demand for lawncare in your area.

My only other advice is dont take on too much work just take on a little and do landscaping to fill in the empty days. Like shrub trimming, mulch and so on. I am not an expert but i know this is a kamakazi approach to jump start a full time business. you might also not need to pass out that many flyers but if you want to definatly get enough work to get started then this would be an agrresive but resultful approach.

bdemir

J MAN
08-26-2000, 01:46 AM
A great way to get new business is to advertise in your local paper. Everytime I advertised I got more lawns. Then do quality work and their neighbors will notice you.

bob
08-26-2000, 10:57 AM
Do a good job, no a great job, and word of mouth will help you get a large client base.

Eric ELM
08-26-2000, 11:17 AM
I used fliers to start out. You can target the area you want to work this way. With newspapers you get into areas you may not want to work, around here at least.

AGG Lawn Maintenance
08-26-2000, 05:30 PM
I agree with Eric. If you do put an area you want to work it. Example: York Town and surrounding areas. Keep your ad short and sweet. It will save you money. Also keep you ad in everyday. A small ad in once a day is always better than a big ad once a week. Try getting flyers with black ink and white paper its the cheepest. Hit areas you want to target.
In a log write the town street and house # and estimate.
On the bottom of each flyer write the estimate after looking at each house. The best time to do this is in the off season. It takes alot of time but mostly every call you get you pick up as a customer. And all calls you get is phone work. All you need is the name and phone number of the person. Let us know how it works. Good luck!!!
Travis AG&G Lawn Maintenance

cos
08-26-2000, 05:41 PM
flyers are the best bang for the buck. Make sure you don't put them in mail boxes though. You can get charged a fee for each flier. Newspaper ads dont target the areas that you specifically want to target, but the twenty bucks or so you pay is cheap compared to the cost and man hours you have to put in for giving out fliers.(gas, printing, etc.)

richard2
08-26-2000, 07:35 PM
hey eric...what's wrong with the driveway approach?

Chip
08-27-2000, 12:05 PM
Tell your existing cutomers that you are looking for more customers and ask them if they have any friends they would like to refer you to. I have found that little old ladies are great for this. This has worked very well for me. What a network of customers I have. Good luck !

Lanelle
08-27-2000, 01:10 PM
Community newspapers and homeowner association newsletters give you good geographic control and are low-priced ad spaces. The first ad we ever placed in a newletter cost $3.00 and we got $3000.00 work from it and the beginings of an on-going customer base.