PDA

View Full Version : New Husqvarna 323L timmer- broken in and now needs carb adjustment-

clydesdale
06-21-2013, 02:41 PM
Does anybody know what the proper adjustments are for a husqvarna 323L trimmer? I really do not want to take it back to the dealer. Thanks.

weeze
06-21-2013, 04:55 PM
look in your owner's manual. it tells you how to do it.

clydesdale
06-21-2013, 08:59 PM
I will look, but I did not think it told you exactly how many turns of the screw would give you the factory fuel/air mix.

herler
06-21-2013, 08:59 PM
No but they all adjust similar, you might try Youtube.

Also I believe you'll need a special tool to get to the little star screws.
That's another you can learn how to DIY 10 cent tool via You Tube.
Or you can pay outrageous $800,000.00 for special tool carburetor adjustment screw driver.

siclmn
06-21-2013, 10:15 PM
You turn the screw one way and it dies, then you turn it the other way and it dies. Somewhere in the middle it will run perfectly. Learn how to tinker.

Ridin' Green
06-21-2013, 10:29 PM
What he said ^^^^^^^^^,

plus this-

I have the 223L. The screws are only adjustable within a very limited range. If you read your manual thoroughly, it should say that they come from the factory set to run rich to aviod any lean issues during the critical break-in period. Then after so many tankfulls (or hours, can't recall which) they tell you how to adjust it for the proper setting. The proper setting is not the factory setting.

Adjust the high speed first at WOT, then the low speed screw, then finally the idle, and re-adjust any settings as needed so that it revs up properly, idles properly, and accelerates properly and the head doesn't spin at idle. Even my manual says to listen to it and adjust by ear/sounds for peak performance.

You don't need any special screwdriver either. That's just BS. A small flat blade screw driver fits the screws just fine. I just re-adjusted mine a couple weeks ago (which they need from time to time to keep them running at peak performance).

orangemower
06-21-2013, 11:40 PM
I bought a 223L and it didn't last a day before I had to return it. Couldn't stand the pile. Yep it's light weight but that's about it.

Ridin' Green
06-21-2013, 11:45 PM
You just got a bad one then , because there's many of us here who have them and have had good luck with them. I've run mine hard for a year and a half with no problems what so ever, and it handles weeds and crap way out of its power range with relative ease. My neighbor liked mine so much he went and bought one, and his has been problem free too.

K & K Mowing
06-22-2013, 09:18 PM
I have two 323L's. One 8 years old the other two years. Neither one has had any carb problems. They just keep on getting it. I'd take yours back to a husky dealer so they can get it right.

Regards, Kevin:usflag::drinkup:

orangemower
06-22-2013, 10:43 PM
I bought a 223L and it didn't last a day before I had to return it. Couldn't stand the pile. Yep it's light weight but that's about it.

Let me change this a bit. It didn't break or was not defective. I felt it didn't have enough power and the way I felt the most comfortable using it allowed the heat from the exhaust to come out of the housing/vented shroud area and burn enough that I had to keep changing how I held it. After a day I returned it. I had high hopes as I down sized my BP blower from a BR600 to the Husky 150BT. I actually like it better after using it for a few weeks. Seems to have close to the same blowing force as the BR600.

Ridin' Green
06-22-2013, 11:05 PM
Let me change this a bit. It didn't break or was not defective. I felt it didn't have enough power and the way I felt the most comfortable using it allowed the heat from the exhaust to come out of the housing/vented shroud area and burn enough that I had to keep changing how I held it. After a day I returned it. I had high hopes as I down sized my BP blower from a BR600 to the Husky 150BT. I actually like it better after using it for a few weeks. Seems to have close to the same blowing force as the BR600.

I can understand the heat thing alright. It can be a pita until you get used to it, or at least holding it so it isn't an issue anymore. My 223 was a little rough running at first, but after a only a few tankful's it smoother out nice, and then after adjusting the carb after a good break-in period, it screams at WOT, and is very impressive in what it'll do.

The 150 is nice little blower, especially for the money. I came very close to buying one as a every day unit for clippings before finding a very good condition BR380 for a super deal.

orangemower
06-23-2013, 08:53 AM
I downsized the blower after loosing out on a huge leaf clean up job I had for a few years. It fell off the trailer once and broke the intake shroud. I said the heck with it and traded it in.

9ball1018
06-23-2013, 11:46 AM
Husky 150bt is a nice little blower. I bought husky 323l few years back and it was pure crap it never ran right for more than a half hour. Had more shop hours on it than actually running hours eventually sold it to be some else's problem. Reason I bought was I had one I bought in 2005 and I couldn't kill it . So I bought another one in 2010 something was different may have had a different carb on it or something but it was not even close to the one I bought in 05.
Posted via Mobile Device

orangemower
06-23-2013, 04:03 PM
I have to admit, the 150 starts quite easy. So far, on hot days (80+) it starts without choke OR priming! Two pulls for the first start up of the day. One pull after that. No choke or primer needed. It fires so easy that the local hooker could probably suck start it! LOL