PDA

View Full Version : exmark or toro wb

toddman35
08-26-2000, 07:32 PM
i have made some extra cash this year and am thinking about a 32" or 36 inch toro or exmark, there is a toro dealer in my area, but the closest exmark dealer is about an hour away, so i am thinking about the toro, but im also wondering which one has the better deck. thanks for any info

Keith
08-26-2000, 07:40 PM
It should come down to whether you like the T-Bar or pistol grip steering. You can buy and Exmark Metro with the pistol grip or an Exmark Metro with the Toro name and T-Bar steering.

[Edited by Keith on 08-26-2000 at 10:48 PM]

Kent Lawns
08-26-2000, 07:47 PM
If your frittering your money away on one of those, look at the "Toro" 32/36 fixed deck as mentioned.

It's not a Toro, it's not and Exmark, it's not a hydred, but it IS a lot of mower for the money. Mailorder less than 2G.

Better deck? The fixed deck is an Exmark deck and they cut real nice. But it's a 36, who cares?

RollerGoalieBoy
08-26-2000, 11:03 PM
Keith I heard about the exmark/toro mower but do you have a picture of it you could give me or send me thanks?

Evan528
08-27-2000, 12:59 AM
go to http://www.toro.com and you can see a picture.

diggerman
08-27-2000, 01:33 AM
Todd what do you call your business? Lon is a good guy and it seems like his clients are fairly loyal,I bought a 56" hydro from hime and it was competativly priced, the gut in DesMoines sell both I think and I was not impressed especially on price breaks I bought my 72" ztr in cedarrapids and saved $600 only had to take it in twice. Ames only really give you two choices for pro quality equip Toro and Deere unless you count snapper.

IRISH
08-27-2000, 09:45 AM
Not to bag on Toro or X-mark but i have just bought one of these fixed deck mowers (the one with the toro name) and i think it sucks my local dealer ripped me off charged me 3000 bucks for it and all my old real TOROS will cut grass way better than this thing has or will I have tried new blades then the dealer told me i had loose belts and replaced them still nothing. I would consider on buying this machine Stick with the true TOROS and you will get your $ worth and have to cut nice lawns 2 or 3 times to make them look nice.

toddman35
08-27-2000, 10:31 AM
i really havent decided on a name yet, i am thinking about going part time next year, lol. where you located diggerman, maybe we can get together somtime and talk. thanks for all the info!

Kent Lawns
08-27-2000, 10:31 AM
That's FULL retail, guy. I way quoted 2199.00 this spring for the 48/14Kaw, obviously my guy was making money, just imagine what your dealer made off you!

diggerman
08-27-2000, 11:05 AM
Toddman Im a Ames resident as well I own Cooper and Sons excavation.

dhicks
08-27-2000, 11:46 AM
Both Toro and Exmark are great mowers. At this time, I would prefer the Toro because is does not have pistol grips such as with the Exmark. While pistol grips are great for some, my arm and hand typically go numb after using pistol grips for any length of time.

If you can hold off until Jan/Feb 2001, Exmark will have a new machine that is somewhat similar to Toro's type of steering. I tested the machine for an hour at Expo 2000 and I prefer it over the Toro.

If interested in a new beast, look at the Hustler Hydro WB. Its steering is similar to a motocycle. I bought the Hustler and it gives a great cut and and the steering is a dream come true.