PDA

View Full Version : Mulch Kit

cajuncutter
02-24-2003, 04:54 PM
I have a 54" Shortcut with a side d/c. The unit is going on it's 4th season and is roughly 4 years old. Any of you guys had any luck out there with the mulch kit? If so could you please let me know what type of blade you are using.
Thanx
Wallace Lawn

mowerconsultant
02-25-2003, 11:09 PM
The Gator blades work best with the mulch kit.
The Gator blades you need are Hustler part #779348

Hope this helps
Pj

cajuncutter
02-25-2003, 11:23 PM
I was after over all performance of the kit on the mower. Power loss, apperance etc. I would like to hear some unbias opinions/experiences with the set up. I am wondering if it is worth the 89 dollar investment.

cajuncutter
03-04-2003, 04:07 PM
Well I ordered the kit and went to pick it up today and when I got there they asked if the mower was with me. I said no that I was going to put it on myself. They in turn offered to install at no additional cost. I figured what the heck sounds like a deal to me. I hope they aren't putting it on for free in fear that I will discover the mulch kit doesn't work well and I will have to remove it. Hope it works. Can not wait to give it a try.

Old Pa
04-30-2003, 08:47 AM
I put the mulch kit on my 18/44 Fastrak shortly after I got the mower last Spring. Running it with Gator blades significantly improved the quality of cut (I'm glad I have a compressor and impact wrench for those bolts!). I have noticed no loss of power, but (as with most mulching set-ups) the quality if cut is greatly improved by mowing to a reasonable height no lower than 2/3rds of the uncut length.