PDA

View Full Version : Case 1816 B $?

PaulJ
02-26-2003, 01:07 AM
What is one worth??

I'm going to an Auction tomorrow and they have a Case 1816 B skid loader on it with a 18hp Briggs. It's not a very big machine but that's what I want. My Brother has an old 1816 C and it's a good old skid loader. I don't know what the difference is between the B and the C.

Any Ideas on what one of these would be worth?? I'm just trying to get an idea if theres a chance I could afford it.

Thanks for any input

PaulJ
02-26-2003, 02:54 AM
Any opinions out there? Or is this machine too small for most of you to mess with?

Stonehenge
02-26-2003, 10:10 AM
18 Horse, no ROPS and old?

Wouldn't touch it.

PaulJ
02-26-2003, 10:15 AM
The auction flier says it has a roll bar(just not on in the Pic)
( my brother has his off to because it wouldn't fit though the barn doors)

I know 18 hp is not much bet the machine is 4 ft or less in width.

I know it's old but that's why I think I might be able to afford it.

Thanks for the input. I will keep it in mind.

I'm leaving for the auction in a few minutes. they have a couple other things I'm going to look at also.

PaulJ
02-27-2003, 02:15 AM
Well
It brought $3200

No I didn't buy it. I was hoping for a lot less. Nice little machine though. They did have the rops on it, newer 18hp Vanguard.

Thats all for now.

onelegjohn
05-06-2003, 01:29 PM
Does anyone have one of these uni-loader with the 16hp-18hp engines that could give us an idea of the limits the unit has? I see it went for $3200 but it would be handy to have if you could prep a site for say a side walk, load some mulch, and spread some manure. I am thinking about expanding my lawncare and doing some ligth landscaping - would this be worth a look? I see them here and there and wonder...

Thanks - anyone......

PaulJ
05-07-2003, 01:08 AM
The first thing I can say about it is Tight fit. you would have to be a small guy to be comfortable in one of these. My Bro has one and uses it mainly for cleaning out barns. It's small enough to get into some pretty tight spots, and go through most doors. Some guys I worked with told me they took a Bobcat this size Up a elevator in a hospital when doing some renovation work. capacity isn't much but it would still be better than digging by hand. and $3200 is a lot less than what they are asking for the Dingo type loaders.

Lawn Enforcer
06-07-2008, 12:35 AM
I found one of these loaders with an older Tecumseh engine that I'm going to check out tomorrow.

bobcat_ron
06-07-2008, 10:25 PM
You are the Jesus Christ of resurrecting an old post!