PDA

View Full Version : Cub Cadet Walk Behind

hboyd_com
02-26-2003, 08:29 AM
Hello all! I'm new to the board and in the market for some equipment to take care of a 3 acre property that I am buying in 3 weeks. I'd like to get a small Kubota however the finances will not allow it. I was thinking about getting a walk behind for a year or so until I can afford or find what a rider. The property is 1 acre of lawn with lots of landscaping and 2 acres of woods that I would eventually like to clean up (but not clear) and keep it cleaned up so that you can walk the property. There is a Cub Cadet walk behind in the paper for $1600. It is either a 1995 or 1996 model, I believe it is 17 HP although it might be 15 HP ( I wish I had the paper with me!) it has a 48" full floating deck and it is listed as Hydro. There are approx. 850 hours on it.

So my question is, does it appear to be worth $1600? How well do they cut? Anything special to look out for?

Thank you!

MacLawnCo
02-26-2003, 10:36 AM
I think that it sounds like a good deal. Try posting this in the Commercial LawnCare portion of this site...it will get much more attention.

Ross in IL
03-04-2003, 06:04 PM
I'll be honest, I think for that much mowing I'd want a rider of some sort 1-3 acres is a lot of walking. The price is right however and you could get a sulky, if you wanted one.
I've got a Toro walkbehind and I like it but I'd ride anything more than 3/4 -1 acre if it were me.
Just my opinion
Ross