PDA

View Full Version : how do you guys get pictures on the post

ant
08-27-2000, 05:43 AM
i like to see the pictures on the post that you guys put up,it works well to see what we are talking about.
my question is how do you do it? i have a digital camera and like to try it.
anthony

[Edited by anthonygrelli on 08-27-2000 at 09:46 AM]

Eric ELM
08-27-2000, 09:14 AM
As you probably know, you have to upload your pictures to a website or picture site and then you put the link to it on a post. Most ISP's give you about 3 Megabytes of space or more for this. To post a link to your pictures, you use these brackets [ ]with img in between, then the link, then /img in brackets [ ] at the end. You can see exactly how to do this by clicking on vB code, go down to Adding Images and it explains it all. vB code is easier than HTML code, but if you want to use it instead, you can. If I put the actual line of vB code in here, it would turn into a picture and you wouldn't see the code. I hope this helps. If not, I can email you the actual code to add your picture if you email me the location of your picture.

gusbuster
08-27-2000, 10:13 AM
anthonygrelli

If you wish to store pictures on the web, I would suggest this site. It is a free web site that you can password protect or leave open to the public. So far I haven't received anykind of spam from this site. Here is the link.
http://www.photopoint.com/index.html

Both myself and other people on this forum use this site for picture storage. He post's all the time and you got to like his equipment set up that he has.

I would suggest this also, if it's pictures that you wish to keep for a long long time, always save to disk, to web, and to a tape backup,floppy,zip drive or the best way I think,burn a cd. All my family,wedding pictures are on cd.

Have fun
John