PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Lazer Z Hp - Snow Blower

ChrisE
02-27-2003, 03:14 PM
I just recently purchased a 52" Exmark Lazer Z HP with the 23Hp Kawasaki. While browsing the Exmark web site I came across the Agro-Tec/RAD Snow blower. With all the snow we had had this year, I might be able to get the wife to OK the purchase of this accessory. My question, does it work well and roughly how much does it cost?

Although the exmark site state that this is not available for my mower, I did contact Agro-tec and they gave me the name of the distributer but no more information.

Thanks in advance

ChrisE
02-28-2003, 11:50 AM
Here's what I found, Agro-Tec does make a Snow Blower attachment for the Lazer Z HP. The Snow Blower is a 46" width and costs $2089.99 (MSRP). You also need a hitch component which costs 1200.99 (MSRP).

So I don't think I'll be getting one of these.

BigDave
02-28-2003, 02:15 PM
When we moved into our house in Dec., I was looking for a garden tractor that could mow and take a snow plow or blower. After much research and talking to people, I realized that since my driveway is on a 15 degree slope, only the most expensive 4WD tractors with weights can provide the needed traction for climbing the slope in the snow.

So, I ended up buying my dad's barely-used MTD 10 HP walk behind snow blower. This is the worst snow-year on record for Maryland, and the blower has performed outstanding.

( For mowing, I have a Lazer HP 52" 23 hp on order just like yours that I'm counting down the days to delivery :) ).

Just sharing my experience in case it helps.

Dave

Doc Pete
02-28-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by ChrisE
I just recently purchased a 52" Exmark Lazer Z HP with the 23Hp Kawasaki. While browsing the Exmark web site I came across the Agro-Tec/RAD Snow blower. With all the snow we had had this year, I might be able to get the wife to OK the purchase of this accessory. My question, does it work well and roughly how much does it cost?

Although the exmark site state that this is not available for my mower, I did contact Agro-tec and they gave me the name of the distributer but no more information.

Thanks in advance

Doc Pete
02-28-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by ChrisE

Thanks in advance

You need to let us know if you are going to use it for "commerical" use. If you use it for home use, IMO, it's too much money, too big for many areas, and you'll get cold just sitting instead of walking. You can email me if you'd like to talk more. FYI, I use a 33" and 45" mtd for commerical work. The 33 good for smaller stuff and bigger machine is good on large driveways with light snow.