toddman35
08-27-2000, 12:21 PM
I was wondernig what the walker website was. Thanks

MOW ED
08-27-2000, 01:45 PM
http://www.Walkermowers.com

Acute Cut
08-27-2000, 02:06 PM
first time ever seeing a walker. Interesting. Just curious: What do yall think of the dirction control and seperate speed control on the walker, vs the Exmark or scag version which is all done in one?

Acute Cut

Kent Lawns
08-27-2000, 04:00 PM
The "cruise control" is neat, but it makes no real-world difference.

The Walker uses 2 transmissions, not the dual-hydro system everybody else uses - that allows them them to have the "cruise-control" option, I just wish they'd make them go faster!

BUSHMASTER
08-27-2000, 05:41 PM
walker has a pulley upgrade kit that will speed up the ground speed i think by 2miles per hour.

JJ Lawn
08-27-2000, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by BUSHMASTER
walker has a pulley upgrade kit that will speed up the ground speed i think by 2miles per hour.

I put the speed pulley on my Walker, there is a noticeable difference. Finish some yards faster.

Jim

cantoo
08-27-2000, 09:18 PM
I have the speed up kit on my Walker, it is just a bigger pulley than stock size. Then I went to TSC and matched up the next size pulley and put it on, the thing went fast but I took it back off because I felt I couldn't use that much speed anyway when bagging it would plug up too much because I would drive too fast. It made it difficult to drive at slow speeds with the extra big pulley on it. It sure was nice when the bin was full to fly back to the trailer to dump though.

MOW ED
08-28-2000, 07:39 AM
I have the speed up pulley on my 26EFI Walker and it makes it go much faster. I think its even quicker than when it was on the 25hp.
Yes it does take some skill to operate the mower with it on because it will be response is VERY fast with the pulley upgrade but you can get used to it.
In perfect conditions with the speed up kit I can bag or rear discharge at top speed (about 8 mph). You can come out and watch if you dont believe me.
If the grass is very thick you obviously cant go that fast, the only guy who can is Eric , but then he isn't baggin either.
I'd say give it a try. Its only 15 bucks for the pulley and its easy to change (2 sat screws) Good Luck.

Bobby
08-28-2000, 08:11 AM
Hey Mow Ed, you guys must have easier to cut grass up there. My Walker has the stock pulley. I don't mow at full ground speed and I still have to double cut most of my work to make it look rite. I'd like to see the finished product of some of this 8mph mowing.
I've seen some of the lawns you guys have up north, and must admit,what ever that stuff is,it sure looks nice.

southside
08-28-2000, 09:00 AM
My 26hp efi also has the speed up pulley on it. It's great.
I love the Walkers steering it's very responsive. I demoed a
couple of Toros with the normal hydro steering and thought
they we too sloppy,slow and unresponsive. I tend to scream
around everywhere as fast as possible. We have different grass types here and mow a lot shorter. (2"-2.5" sometimes
down to 1")

Karl

JJ Lawn
08-28-2000, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by cantoo
I have the speed up kit on my Walker, it is just a bigger pulley than stock size.

I think that you have that backwards? The speed up kit consists of a smaller pulley. Unless you changed the wrong pulley. :)

The speed up pulley is # 7240-2, which is a 2 3/4" pulley. It replaces #7240-1, which is a 3 1/4" pulley. This pulley is driven by the small belt from the engine. Not the pulley that drives the transmissions.

Now I assume that you still have the 20hp Walker, if not disregard this post. This info is for 20, 25, and I believe the new 26hp Walkers. Don't have a book on the Kubota engines. :)

Jim

MOW ED
08-29-2000, 06:55 PM
Bobby,
I haven't been to Florida since I was 18 (20 years ago) but if You want to switch for the Winter I'm in. I'll even buy a snowblower for my Walker and you can use it.

My fast mowing is done on lawns that are mostly Kentucky blus and fescue. This fast stuff can only be done on certain days but when the weather and growing conditions are right I'm home 1 1/2 hours earlier with NO customer complaints. The pervious line is all I care about.

Believe me if I was to go slower I could cut more and really polish it off but these properties that I do fast are made for it. The close in detail mowing is done slow and easy but I really love the Walker.

If you are ever up this way with the Heatbirds send me an e-mail and I'll show you some of these places.

Bobby
08-29-2000, 07:03 PM
Hey MowEd, don't tempt me.Been burning up down here forever. Do you really call us Heatbirds? I've never heard that.Had to laugh.

Doc
08-30-2000, 04:20 AM
J.J.Lawn,

The speed up pulley is # 7240-2, which is a 2 3/4" pulley. It replaces #7240-1, which is a 3 1/4" pulley. This pulley is driven by the small belt from the engine. Not the pulley that drives the transmissions. This is correct and the Kubota engines use the same one. Just my 1 cent.

Doc Scrub

MOW ED
08-30-2000, 07:57 AM
Yep Bobby we have a private college in town that has townhouse type residence facilities and every summer the Heatbirds arrive from Florida and Arizona. Personally I don't know why because we have our share off heat and humidity.
I'm sure you have seen them there Snowbirds down in Florida too. I have a few customers that have condo's in Florida and they leave here right after Christmas and dont come back until May. Its nice to work on their lawns in April because there are no critics to check my work.;)