PDA

View Full Version : My lawn pics

John DiMartino
08-27-2000, 02:02 PM
Friday,a friend stoped by my house with a digital camera,so he took some pics of my lawn and sent them to me.I didnt know he was coming so it wasnt freshly mowed,and beings its my lawn i was in a hurry and did it wide open.My stripes are not in the same league as Erics,but as i said I didnt know he was coming and I was doing it as fast as I could.I have some rust on it too,as you can tell.My machine is a 2000 DC XW2500.These are of my front and back yard,the suns angle at that time prevented us from taking any of my house in the background,next week well get some better ones in the afternoon.
http://johnslawnathome.bizland.com/

[Edited by Eric ELM on 08-27-2000 at 05:25 PM]

John DiMartino
08-27-2000, 02:04 PM
I want to thank Eric for taking the time to load my pics and set up my website beings im computer dumb.Thanks Eric!

Eric ELM
08-27-2000, 02:27 PM
No problem John, I fixed your link above too. You had brackets around the link, which you don't need. What I sent you, you can copy and paste into your profile so your link shows up everytime you post.

Acute Cut
08-27-2000, 02:44 PM
Nice lines. It seems as though this is becoming an Eric cult following. "ALL PRAISE ERICS LINES! OHMMMMM>>>>>OHMMMM>>>" hehe.

Acute Cut

northeast
08-27-2000, 03:49 PM
John,
nice stripes !! what kind of grass?? and what setting are you mowing at?? Nick

John DiMartino
08-27-2000, 04:25 PM
Nick,my lawn is 3yrs old and when i did it I was under the gun to get it on before winter,so i went with a perennial ryegrass mix with about 5-10%tall fescue.In the pic of my driveway(all 550ft of it)you can see the 50,000 sqaure ft section that isnt mowed,that is my next project.A farmer disced it for me and its really rough,so i dont take the chopper in there.It has been so wet this year that i havent had the ground dry enough to harley rake it.If it dries this year,im going to roundup the whole area,i have a 6ft box scraper with tines,that'll get it 90%,then harley rake it for a perfect seed bed.When the whole front is done it'll look great.I mow at the next to top setting,around 3 1/2" to 3 3/4".This was done with double blades,but i usually run singles.when this pic was taken it has been about 2 days since i done it.

KirbysLawn
08-27-2000, 05:05 PM
Very nice John! Is that a putting green in the middle photos?

John DiMartino
08-27-2000, 05:15 PM
Ray,it is 2 of the greens that I tkae care of at my FT job as a greenskeeper.I will get more pics next week,the battery went dead on the camera as we were taking pics.Ill try to get pics of my 15ft gang mowers cutting rough and throwing grass.

dhicks
08-27-2000, 06:13 PM
The digital photo and your stripes are excellent. Want to do my yard?

John DiMartino
08-27-2000, 10:50 PM
Thanks,Dhicks.Im going to work on the stripes and keep looking at Eric's pics everytime im getting squirrly.Are you a P.O.?My wife is a P.O.,and she stripes pretty good too,although I only let her mow the back yard until she starts following in my tracks better,and keeps em straighter.