PDA

View Full Version : making a mulch bed question

jeff_0
03-04-2003, 06:49 PM
I don't do much landscaping must maintenance. I wanted to know what people use to make that trench around the mulch bed. I seen in a lawn and landscape magazine a bed maker machine like from (www.bedshaper.net) and i woundered is that is people use to make the mulch beds.. If this is what's used please let me know? Thanks

Randy Scott
03-04-2003, 07:31 PM
Yup! Quite a few different manufacturers of these machines around. Perhaps renting one to start would fit your needs forn now. They work awesome and save a lot of man hours. I definately recommend using one.

GreaterMilwLawnscape
03-04-2003, 08:54 PM
Randy is exactly right!! I use a Bededger by Brown Manufacturing and it does wonders. It leaves a nice perfect edge that is great for much beds!! It cost me roughly 2,000- 2,100

NCSULandscaper
03-04-2003, 11:52 PM
All I use is a regular flat spade for my mulch bed edges, does just as good as a machine and gets into those tight corners.

troblandscape
03-05-2003, 01:12 AM
For beds that have not been maintained properly, or making a new bed, I recommend you trying out a bed edger machine, I would rent before you buy. Once you use the machine,
Maintain the edge with a string trimmer through out the year, When it comes time to mulch again, you should be able to use a spade for the edges. I have found that works for me the best.
The machine has saved my back plenty of times.