PDA

View Full Version : Welcome To This Forum - Please Read

Sean Adams
03-07-2003, 10:48 AM
We have created this new forum called "Just Starting In Business". If this is your first year in the lawn & landscape business or you have beginner-like questions, this is a great place to ask!

If you are a veteran in the industry, this is a great place to lend a helping hand and share your knowledge and experiences.

DLCS
03-07-2003, 07:03 PM
Sean,

Wow, I think you have another great idea by adding this new forum. Keep'em coming:)

John Gamba
03-07-2003, 08:51 PM
People Stop Kissing the owners But!!!. Sean Can We some How Have A Poll For Questions Like Pro slide PRO'S And CON'S. To Me It Should read If 50 People Like It And 20 People Don't Thats What You Should Go with. Newbesssss When You Buy Something thats when You Know If You are Going To Like It Or Not. It Cost Money and Time to Do This and alot Of Us Have Spent the money and Time. I Have a Boat Load of Stuff that Didn't work for one reason or Another. You get to Much info On the Proublems And Don't have to do anything But Bull on lawnsite. If they Would charge Just 20oo dollers we won't Need sponsers And We would Get ride Of This problem. IMOP. Newbeeeeees Don't have Credit cards.

John.

YardMeister
03-21-2003, 03:36 AM
Retired from the military just over a year ago. Got tired of the free time, all the time. Decided to start my business... doing something I enjoy. Technically, I'm a newbeeeee, but I do have boat loads of experience and yes, tons of credit too. I would agree that a $20.00 fee would help out the site though.

Steve

John Gamba
03-21-2003, 07:38 AM
Steve
I Was heated And i Did Put It Wrong, I Still Like a Pay site. I Don't type The way I Talk. Even When I Started I Had a Credit Card. I Like Helping People that HELP THEM SELVES Like The Ones Lately But When It Comes down To What Kind Of Under ware You Use It Becomes Stupid. The only thing I Like Is These People That get all There Info From This Site Will Be Out Of Business By the end Of the season(Its Hotter On The Lawns Then In Your Bed Room On A Computer). GOOD Luck John.

YardMeister
03-21-2003, 05:27 PM
John
I know exactly what you are referring to. In the very short time I have been looking through this site, I have come across quit a few questions from folks fitting that category. I'm not even sure that they qualify as armchair quarterbacks. Probably daydreamers incognito. I'm glad to hear that you're not how it sounded.

Regards,
Steve

John Gamba
03-21-2003, 08:37 PM
A Thank You From All Of Us at lawnone CT Steven!!!

YardMeister
03-21-2003, 11:20 PM
Hahahaha...

I Love It! Thanks for the chuckle.

Steve

Dave_B-The_Grass_Guy
07-21-2003, 02:16 AM
If y'all charged $20.00 for this site before I could read or participate in these forums, I would not be here. I have been doing this for a couple years and although I consider myself a newbie, I feel confident from the questions posted that I do have a few things I can contribute to. I DO NOT have a credit card, nor do I want 1 at this time.

And for pity's sake, use the spell check people, it is hard for some one to take you seriously as a consummate professional if you cannot even spell "problem"

bobby a
09-21-2003, 06:54 PM
How do you define newbie. I have been doing lawns for over 10 years for anouther company but less then 2 years for myself.

leadarrows
09-21-2003, 09:57 PM
If you want it to be a pay site then why haven't you become a benefits member or a donator? :confused:

Kransco
10-28-2003, 09:24 PM
Has anyone purchased any templates from the lawnsite store ?
I am considering this, however, I could not pull up a sample.

soonernation
01-15-2004, 06:06 PM
John-
Im really trying to understand what you mean newbies dont have credit cards and people reading this site going out of business. If I had to pay 20.00 for this sight, it would still be worth it. Are you trying to keep this more of an exclusive site for more experienced people or are you just frustrated with some of the posts that babble on about retorical questions? Im still trying to get a feel for this sight, my original thought was that it was a way thousands of people in the business could gain and share wisdom. Maybe you or yardmeister(one of my favorites) could enlighten me. Have a great day.
Dave B- that was funny

A Finer Cut
08-01-2004, 10:06 PM
I have 5 years in the field, this will be my first on my own. I know the in's and out's of the work but the business side is new to me.

So the credit card is a no go? Probabally the best advice I'll get.

environment
10-12-2004, 04:09 PM
if you charge, nobody will give it a chance

Island Lawn
11-03-2004, 10:58 AM
If you want it to be a pay site then why haven't you become a benefits member or a donator? :confused:

I wonder if the members only board is any more what John (& others) may be looking for...

If not, how would a pay site be any different?

If it is, why don't more people know?

gslawncare
12-16-2004, 04:44 AM
I want to start bidding on the new landscaping for custom built homes. I will beat bigger companies prices becuase I'm just starting and can come in low on the bids. Who should I start trying to contact? Is there a specific format to just try asking if bids are being taken?

Women's Touch Landscaping
06-26-2005, 02:00 AM
Awesome picture. Just got on this site after browsing it last several days, lots of good info, trying to figure out how to post on it, rather than post a reply.