PDA

View Full Version : website potential??

iclgs
03-07-2003, 10:48 AM
I have seen some great lawn care websites!! What type of impact is it having on your company...for the ones that have a webite? Do you find you have many people surfing your site. Do you get a lot of enquirys from it?

I am thinking about doing this for my company but don't want to put hours into something that won't bring a great return??

You thoughts please!!

FrankenScagMachines
03-07-2003, 10:56 AM
First ask yourself how much will it cost to get it all setup? Mine only cost $15 a year (for the domain name) the rest is free, I built it and my ISP (internet service provider) hosts it. If you have to pay several hundred dollars for one I do not know if it's worth it, to me, but just think even if you spent $500 on it and it only got you one customer it already paid for itself.
www.CuttingEdgeLawnCare.biz
Let me know if it goes to a page with a brownish background called J&J web design or something like that. It does that for me but I was told it won't for other people :confused:

paponte
03-07-2003, 04:05 PM
I created our website. It is basic, but gets the point across. I actually have gotten a few customers off the site. In my eyes any cheap advertising is good advertising. We pay minimal fees for hosting and did not pay for any design work since it was done by myself over a winter season. You can play around with Front page over the winter. It is all pretty self explanatory, and can host your site somewhere for as little as $3.99 a month I have seen. A web page makes you look more professional. :cool:

Sean Adams
03-07-2003, 07:26 PM
A web site certainly gives your clients another option to look at you.

drobson
03-09-2003, 11:30 PM
I got several snow removal clients from my website this year and hope that it does as well for Landscaping.

IBGreen
03-10-2003, 05:25 PM
I think they add professionalism.