PDA

View Full Version : Udjusting deck wheels on exmark

Charles
08-29-2000, 05:29 PM
Most of my yards are cut short. I may have 1 or 2 a day the are cut 2.5" or higher in a day. I can't make myself adjust the wheel height on the deck for the higher cuts. Too many freakin bolts and wheels to adjust. No one has complained. But i have notice where the yard probably look better if i had adjusted them. Especially on the zoysia.Its just not the noticable. Thought about just putting pins in the are easy to take out and put in. Maybe not. What do you guys do?

Guido
08-29-2000, 05:38 PM
Some kind of pins like you said might work, but they'd have to be tight and snug, and they'd need to be checked often. I know some people just use the casters to adjust the deck, which gives an un-even cut, but for some I guess it works??

thelawnguy
08-29-2000, 10:40 PM
Pins wont work, youd just shear them off.

I adjust my casters to the lowest lawn I mow, and learn to live with the sorta uneven-ness of the tall cuts. That or spin the wrench six times every lawn-NOT!

Maybe use wing nuts? Make sure they are tight.

Richard Martin
08-30-2000, 04:24 AM
Guido, why would adjusting the front casters give an uneven cut?

thelawnguy
08-30-2000, 09:58 PM
Turf Tracer doesnt use adjustable front casters. You adjust the cutting height via 4 pins on the deck, and 6 bogey wheels which lift the deck over "lumps". Adjust too high and the bogeys do nothing and allow scalping. Too low and they bear the weight of the deck and self-destruct.