PDA

View Full Version : Screening Around Dumpster's

mklawnman
03-08-2003, 01:12 PM
This one apartment complex has four dumpster stations in the complex. Each one of them right now has some landscape timbers around the dumpster area built up to form a landscape bed around the dumpsters. Right now their is some Dogwood's planted in the bed to screen the dumpster area. The owners have decided that they want those taken out of there because of some traffic issues of blind spots. Some of these dogwoods are growing fairly big every year that they create a blind spot for drivers in the complex.
What they want is something low maintenance but something to screen out the dumpsters to make it look presentable. What I am purposing is putting in some Medora Rocky Mountain Juniper's around the dumpster area to form a hedge or screening. This would not need to be much mainenance if I put this in.
Question is, is this the right type of shrub to put in? The goal would be that these shrubs would get to be about 5ft high or so evenly around the dumpsters make it look nice. I would like to stay with some type of juniper or evergreen. And I also didnt know if something else should go with those Junipers in the bed as well.
Just some kind of feed-back would be nice or any help on placing of the shrubs.
Thanks
Matt