PDA

View Full Version : Oregon

mcs
03-08-2003, 06:27 PM
I'm from Eugene. Other members from Oregon would you please sign in.

Mark

mdvaden
03-09-2003, 03:57 AM
As you requested,

Here I am.

Landscape contractor / arborist from Beaverton.

www.mdvaden.com

We offer Tree Care Advice also on our website - no forum.

:)

Clay
03-11-2003, 01:13 AM
Hi Guys,

Clay here... on the Southern Oregon Coast...

Hey Dale, you out there???

rhodiestoredwoods
03-11-2003, 09:24 PM
Hello,

I am Rhodies to Redwoods Tree Care in Keizer. Climbing Arborist who dabbles in lawn aerations and renovation.

Eric

rhodiestoredwoods@attbi.com

AGG Lawn Maintenance
03-18-2003, 05:11 PM
mcs my future father in-law lives in Eugene. I went over their two years ago in the winter time around Christmas. We took a flight right to the airport in Eugene. I heard it rains their alot in the winter. Fortunately for us it didn't. The water over their is different then over hear in New Jersey. We have hard water you guys have soft water. I never really never knew what that meant until I went to Eugene. I took a shower over their and thought I would never get all the soap off of me. (it was the water) Sure felt like soap. Lols. My father in-law is a big Ducks fan so we went to a basketball game in Eugene. He came over to New Jersey this summer and we took him to New York to see the sights and Ground Zero. He almost lost his mind when he saw a picture of one of the Ducks football players on a New York building.
I am glad to see that their are landscapers in his area. If he needs someone I know one guy I can contact. (can you say brownie points) Lols:D Travis

Miller
03-21-2003, 04:49 AM
Where the heck is Oregon??? Oh yah! That's where those tree-sitting hippy types hang out and protest and it rains all the bloody time, right? Sounds like a crappy place to live. :D

lawncarepros2004
03-08-2004, 10:15 AM
Lawncarepros reporting from the east side of the crest in Bend.

Critical Care
05-04-2004, 12:46 AM
And... Critical Care also reporting in from the Bend area.

Oh, Mr. Wyoming Miller, the coast can get over 100 inches of rain annually, but out here we only get about 14". Better brush up on your facts my man... and all of the tree-sitting hippies were run over by logging trucks years ago.

Popsicle
05-08-2004, 10:20 AM
"... and all of the tree-sitting hippies were run over by logging trucks years ago."

Who says natural selection doesn't exist!

I'm not from Oregon but still in the PNW. Hey Critical, you get only 14" of rain a year? In a rain shadow? I sit in one from the Olympics but still get around 36"/year.

Just bought an old truck from a guy in Salem. Will be heading down in a week or two to drive it home.

Groundcover Solutions
05-08-2004, 06:24 PM
I am not from Oregon but i was there a few months ago "Eugene" to check out the truck I just purchased. They are manufactured there in Eugene, nice town I bet it is great living in that beutiful state!

Critical Care
04-04-2005, 10:16 PM
Finally getting back to this thread... and probably a little too late.

Matt, you probably went out to Rexius when you were in Eugene. I had to go there several years back to get a truck worked on.

And Russ, I'm on the east side of the Cascades at the 4,000 foot elevation in a ponderosa pine forested area. Just below me is what they call the high desert area where you find western juniper, sagebrush, bitterbrush, and other higher desert vegetation. The Cascade Mountains block most of the rainfall from getting to us.

wakesetter2001
04-05-2005, 10:10 PM
Exclusive Landscape Maintenance, also from central oregon, Sunriver to be more exact.

Critical Care
04-11-2005, 09:53 PM
Hey Wakesetter, any good food joints in your area? I don't think that I've ever stopped for food down there.

wakesetter2001
04-12-2005, 08:48 PM
Ya there is some good food, If your working and looking for something try either the north store or the store at the mall they both to great BBQ for lunch, If you have time to sit down the Mexican place is good, The village Bar and Grill has good burgers, and there is Chinese restaurant that is good.

Critical Care
04-12-2005, 09:47 PM
Huh, all of those places have good food? Are you sure you're just not saying this on an empty stomach? That pretty well covers all of Sunriver. Okay... I'll have to try one, or two.

Don't know about you, but I'm getting a bit tired of trying to work around this snow.

wakesetter2001
04-14-2005, 01:20 PM
I know what you mean, I do some work, it snows, I go back and redo the work. I just wish it would warm up so the grass will get to growing good.

Critical Care
04-21-2005, 02:58 PM
Well... April 21 and I still haven't had to crank up my irrigation system. The lawn is nice and green, but so far no need for irrigation. On the other hand, I've been having to turn on systems down below. Seems as if the turf beneath the trees has been really drying out lately.

And... a cougar in the area has been keeping people on edge. I kinda wonder if these big cats dine out on people who smell like freshly cut grass, or pvc glue?

wakesetter2001
04-22-2005, 01:08 AM
I say call in the old school hunters with there hounds, that cougar will only be running for one reason then, to get away, It wouldn't take long if they did that and the problem would be solved. If more of the people that live on the butte's little dogs got eaten it may open some eye's on why we need to be able to hunt these animals with dogs.

So I guess you know my stand on hunting now! Ha HA

TridentLM
06-23-2005, 07:15 PM
Checking in, old thread new mbr...

Critical Care
06-24-2005, 01:45 AM
Hi there Trident. Guess you're out in the land of turf grass farming. Used to get sod from your area...

GardenDoorNW
12-08-2006, 02:44 AM
Yamhill County representing-Newberg

mdvaden
01-01-2007, 04:31 AM
No need to network, but decided to revive this thread. I noticed from my website stats that this thread was just revisited by someone somewhere.

Let's see how many people who posted in this old thread are still hooked into Lawnsite.

Critical Care
01-02-2007, 11:58 AM
I check this thread out every now and then just to see if any of my neighbors are still around.

3rd tractor generation
01-19-2007, 02:45 AM
Primary landscape maintenance in Lake Oswego, Oregon.

mdvaden
01-19-2007, 07:51 PM
I check this thread out every now and then just to see if any of my neighbors are still around.

Of course I'm still around.

And what a great week this was too - picked up 5 new customers in the past 7 days or so, just in Nunan Square alone (across the road from the Nunan House on Old Stage Rd.).

Teaching tree care and pruning again, starting tomorrow (the next two Saturdays from 9am to 3pm). If you know anyone interested, it's too late to register today, but they could still attend tomorrow, if they pay and enroll next week.

7 enrolled so far - I heard that 3 or 4 might be from Central Point City Parks.

This page includes links to RCCs pages... http://www.mdvaden.com/tree_class.shtml

Got the okay from Hubbard's Ace Hardware on Hy. 62 to demonstrate pruning on their trees for part of the class. Not sure, but may do it tomorrow afternoon after some classroom time.

Hope all is well: and spring is coming soon :weightlifter:

TheLandyman
01-12-2008, 03:01 PM
reporting from medford!

jmoore16135
01-26-2008, 11:18 PM
beaverton......

bozymower
04-13-2010, 05:05 PM
Just found this thread..checking in from Salem

ots
06-10-2010, 11:53 PM
Cheaking in from molalla oregon

FYS777
06-17-2010, 02:07 AM
And... Critical Care also reporting in from the Bend area.

Oh, Mr. Wyoming Miller, the coast can get over 100 inches of rain annually, but out here we only get about 14". Better brush up on your facts my man... and all of the tree-sitting hippies were run over by logging trucks years ago.

hey reporting to. from Bend
i like what you said about the hippies getting run over, that made me smile

All American CL
06-26-2010, 06:56 AM
Portland here,

Hey you all, I am moving into a new career path (I'm done with college) if you know some body that wants to get into the game with a well established company (mine) let me know.

Here are the details:

Only Serious inquires Please, e-mail for more info
<br>
Established Commercial Landscape Company for sale
<br>
I am moving into a professional career soon that I have been working hard for, and I have developed this business into a sweet money maker.
<br>
I started the company while I was in college, to pay for school, and work flexible hours
<br>
I now have signed year long contracts with commercial properties, gross from just the contracts are $3200/month and I only work approx 1 day/week.
<br>
All the equipment is paid for with cash, NO DEBT!!! itís the best way to run a company.
<br>
No employees, I do all the work myself. I have great equipment that has been maintained very well, (I can go into more detail later, I just purchased a bunch of new stuff too, so their not tired )
<br>
Now that spring/summer is here I am sending out approx 15 estimates that range from $150-$2000/ month for smaller project type work, and I also have revolving one time projects for commercial properties that are scheduled for this summer/fall.
<br>
Potential is high, as well as the profitability. Overhead is low since everything is paid for.
<br>
My assets in a cash value with the appropriate depreciation is approx $10,000, I gross a minimum of $38,000 in SIGNED year long contracts (this is only the signed contracts, its really more like $45-50K+ with all the extra work that comes in during the summers, and with the projects these contracts give me) and work approx 12hrs/week ** 12hrs/ week are for the signed contracts, the extra work during the summer is hard to calibrate. During the summer I accept work if I make a decent profit (just being honest). Anyway, I am moving on into a career soon with a company. If you want a awesome pay for little work this is it. I have done all the leg work, and I have awesome clients. I also have been working with 2 major accounts with one that has potential to gross all by its self $250,000/year, and the other grossing $40,000. Also I have contact with a company that wants to try out my services and this company owns 15 commercial buildings in Portland. I have been working with these clients for a few years now; bidding for next year could be very promising. I have not jumped into anything this big before since I have concentrated on graduating from college, but I have made sure to keep in good standing with these companies in case I decided to jump head first into this industry. You will have the choice to make the company big, or stay small. Working this company full time you could easily make 100k/year. I will train, and support the incoming owner and entertain bids for the sale of the company.
<br>
I would partial trade for land, with money on top.
<br>
<br>
Sale of the company includes: Truck, enclosed trailer, all equipment, contracts, software, advertisement, website, and support from me (I want to see the company flourish, itís done very well for me and has proven to be recession proof)
<br>
This company is not failing in fact its growing, and the equipment will not fall apart on you. Youíre guaranteed to make money as long as you can work at least 1 day a week. I was planning to hire a crew but have not done this yet. Itís all up to you.
:clapping:

Gilbert503
12-19-2013, 01:50 AM
Anyone looking to sell any landscape accounts in Oregon.

I live in salem but do a lot of work in the pdx area.
Posted via Mobile Device