PDA

View Full Version : Hydroseeding my yard

curry
03-09-2003, 01:46 AM
I talked with a company about hydroseeding my yard today. I was quoted 8.5 cents for Bermuda Triangle(sultan, sydney, and mohawk mix). He said he uses 2lbs of seed per 1000ft. Does the price and amount of seed seem correct? Also, I live in TX. When is the latest I can spray before winter. I dont think my house will be finished before end of August. I dont mind watering as much as need be(Its VERY hot that time of year here)

Sean Gassman
03-09-2003, 01:37 PM
Curry,
I am not sure where in Texas you are but I am in the Dallas area. For the improved common Bermuda that you are talking about and sprayed with good coverage of wood or 70/30 mulch the price is about what you should expect. For common bermuda you would be about $0.015 cheaper. These prices do not include prep. of the soil. Common bermuda is sprayed at one pound per 1000 sf because it is uncoated seed, the improved bermudas are coated with a fungiside and require at least two lbs. per 1000 sf.

curry
03-09-2003, 01:58 PM
Thanks, Im in the Waco area. So, it sounds like this is in line with the standards. Thanks for input. When do you suggest is the last available time I can spray since you are only 100 miles from me and you know our typical summers?

Sean Gassman
03-09-2003, 02:08 PM
Waco maybe a week or two longer of a season but most of us stop Sept. 1 with any warrantee. In Dallas anything after Sept. 1 may work or not depending on the fall but most contractors will not be willing to gamble.