PDA

View Full Version : Off to nice start thanks to all you guys...

Bassman
08-30-2000, 12:20 AM
I had planned on getting into the lawn maintenance biz since last November. FINALLY was able to jump in July 10. Did my homework and received an immense amount of helpful information from this forum. I am exceeding all my projections that I had set as goals in my original business plan. Thank you Eric, Charles, Jim Lewis, Homer, Lazer, Genegls, Geogunn,SLSnursery, Chuck, (who made it all possible by putting up this fantastic website) and many, many others for all your encouragement. I knew getting started late in the season would be difficult but my weekly net has far exceeded my previous job's revenue but more importantly, I have signed roughly 50% of what I need in yearly contracts to provide a comfortable living during the off season in less than 2 months. To all the newbies out there thinking about getting into the L.M.B., do what I did. Listen and learn from every veteran poster on this forum. Take advantage of the search feature for priceless info. Have a business plan, do not take your customers for granted,(treat each one like they are your best account), have faith in your ability to succeed and persevere. Thanks again to all the posters on this forum who give so freely of their hard learned, (EARNED), experience!
Bassman

[Edited by Bassman on 08-30-2000 at 03:32 AM]

Eric ELM
08-30-2000, 12:32 AM
I'm glad your doing good in the lawn biz. :)

MOW ED
08-30-2000, 09:03 AM
Good to hear B a s sman.(had to edit to get your name in so it doesn't look like a cuss word)
I've been wondering how you are doing.
Keep it up, it just gets better if you have the right attitude.

[Edited by MOW ED on 08-31-2000 at 10:40 AM]

accuratelawn
08-30-2000, 11:08 PM
Thanks for letting us know it is going sooo good. I started 4 years ago on July 7. Keep positive!!