PDA

View Full Version : scag or parker wheel motors

towtruck212
12-18-2013, 01:09 PM
I have a scag 52" walk behind hydro with an 18hp Honda motor. anyway both wheel motors are leaking. After further investigating the main bearing is wearing out the main shaft. So I need a bearing and a shaft. However the name plate on the back cap of the wheel motor has scags name and part number on it and nothing from Parker. Scag only wants to sell a new motor or a seal kit and Parker cant cross reference the scag number to look up parts. Does anyone have any in site on what I can do here? New motors are around $450 and I'm not sure what the parts would cost to keep the old motor running.

Thanks Mike

BigFish
12-18-2013, 02:17 PM
Google "parker wheel motor parts " Download the pdf from Parker about torqmotors, should be the first pdf ya come to. Also check out J Thomas site, they have some cross references.
Have Googled for a cross reference? Fleabay has a bunch of em listed.
The original parker seal kits run about $58 or so, not sure about the bootleg kits
The bearing can be had from any bearing supply.
Now the shaft.............

DXN1EL
12-18-2013, 05:22 PM
http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydraulics/Hydraulic-Motors/Wheel-Mount-Hydraulic-Motors/

baileylawnservice
12-18-2013, 10:44 PM
Google the scag part number. It should come up with the Parker numbers. I went to the local Parker distributor and they were very helpful.