PDA

View Full Version : Lawn-Boy Tune Up Help

Boltzie
03-10-2003, 10:37 AM
I have a Lawn-Boy that is approximately 15 years old. It hasn't been used in maybe 8 years because my great uncle had his lawn professionally managed. This Lawn-Boy is in very good condition and ran great when he used it. The problem is that it has sat unused in the garage for the last eight years. Besides changing the plug and cleaning the carb, what else should be done to get this push mower ready for spring?

Thanks,
Dan

Molerj
03-13-2003, 11:08 AM
Hey Dan, Eastern Ohio, me too. Bring it to my shop & I'll get it going! I'm real reasonable too! If the mower was stored with fuel in it, you will have to take the carburetor apart & use some spray carb. cleaner in all the orifices. You will know if it had gas left in it once you take the carb. apart. Usually the two cycles, being they have oil mixed with the gas are not too gummed up. You may be able to just add fuel & it will start right up. Keep us posted as to what you find. New plug & sharpen the blade won't hurt either.

65hoss
03-13-2003, 11:28 AM
Post this in the "repairs" forum. More people will see it. Only people interested in tractors will look in this one.

I do think you should probably do what the poster above said. Take it to him or someone close.

johnhenry
03-13-2003, 11:29 AM
Blades, filter and carb.One thing for sure.You have a great mower