PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Book Ad

gslam88
03-11-2003, 05:52 PM
Guys,

I have question. I just finished up with a rep from the Yellow Book. It did not dawn on me until after she left that it is not the phone company's book SBC/SNET Yellow pages.

My Question is how many people use the yellow book? I am thinking that it being a knock off of the original that it's a no, but then again it is less than the others... ads start at $50 per month up to 2 to 3 ads of about a 1/2 page ad for $415 per month.

If these were the prices of yellow pages ads I would not hesitate, but not sure on the other yellow meat!!

Pete

E-man
03-11-2003, 06:40 PM
Yellow Book has worked well for us. Around here it seems people like to use both books. Personally I have had better responses from it and they are alot cheaper.

adrianvbarrera
03-25-2003, 05:53 PM
We use the Southwestern Bell yellow pages....I would not touch the other "knockoffs" no matter what the price was.
In my area hardly anyones uses the other books.

Just my thoughts.

Adrian

LawnMowerMan2003
03-29-2003, 06:18 PM
The prices are different in every area, based on population. A few years ago I checked on yellow page ads in San Antonio (SouthWestern Bell) and $400 a month still would have been a pretty small ad. Plus, the yellow pages come out in October, I think, so it would require some advance planning and saving, and I would be afraid to commit to that kind of money without really knowing what kind of response I would have. Seems like if I had an extra $400 a month for marketing I wouldn't really need the yellow page ad anyway.

adrianvbarrera
03-31-2003, 09:51 AM
Well,

Sometimes you need the extra advertisement to grow. Could be that you might not need the growth. Some people are comfortable where they are at.

"Seems like if I had an extra $400 a month for marketing I wouldn't really need the yellow page ad anyway."... That is how I use to think. But later after spending $14000 on an ad for a non-lawn business I found out that the advetising left me with $4000 a month extra after deducting the ad cost. So yeah its alot of money but it takes money to make money.

Just my thoughts.

Adrian

LawnMowerMan2003
03-31-2003, 11:34 PM
OK, I see your point. Here's what I'm wondering. Before you put down 14K for advertising, how were able to find out how effective it would be? If could find a way to have some idea of the business a yellow page ad or large newspaper ad would have, I would be less hesitant to spend more money on marketing. What is the best approach?