PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Page paying off this season

lsylvain
03-11-2003, 07:14 PM
Last August my new ads in the yellow pages went out.

I spent big bucks on multiple ads in the same book.

I was highly dissapointed in the return I got from it until yesterday.

Left the house for 4 hours came home had 4 messages.

6 acre car lot
10 acre Shopping Mall
2 acre Fitness center
1 residential

2 more calls today.

troblandscape
03-11-2003, 11:42 PM
Sounds like you have alot of estimating to do....Free work, I hope you get the jobs, Thats why I stay away from the yellow pages, too many penny pinchers. Good Luck let us know how you do!;)

lsylvain
03-16-2003, 08:34 AM
Yeah, the mall took me 4 hours on site just to measure etc the first time. Then made 3 more trips out there to check on other things.

Usually, I do pretty good with the yellow pages as far as actually getting accounts. I do get a lot of old ladies wanting to know when they can put this out and that out etc.

GraZZmaZter
03-18-2003, 07:50 AM
I got a call from a yellow pages rep last week. Called him back yesterday, and he wants to get together. I dont know yet. Ive heard good things on here. Ive also heard bad things on here. Guess ill think about it some more today.

millerjjr
03-18-2003, 07:11 PM
It seems here alot of businesses are going to white page ads. Just there name (maybe in bold) in the white pages. This is good for those returning customers or one-timers that may know the name just not the number.

But yellow pages are good for new customers, just remember you need something that will stand out and catch their attention not just a regular old ad.

grassdaddy
03-18-2003, 07:25 PM
I've thought about yellow pages since postmaster called,I'm just worried i'll do a whole lot of running(giving estimates)for nothing.What kinda ratio are you getting?are alot of yellow pages calls from people who no LCO wants?Has the price of yellow pages paid off?:confused: :blob1:

promower
03-19-2003, 12:01 AM
so far my expierence with YP is that you will do a lot of running around, you will get some accounts but thats if your the lowest price. I feel many people who use the YP are price shopping and looking for the most for their $.

wayne volz
03-20-2003, 09:42 PM
:cool:

Yellow page advertising can be a great form of advertising to the "Masses." However, the key to successful yellow page advertising in my opinion is being diversified in the services that you are offering the potential buyers. These services must also be offered to a wide area. Otherwise, you may be better served with more "class" advertisng or Target marketing.

Ask yourself this question. What is my goal? That should be your first question before deciding what form of advertising to use or what may be the most beneficial.

I think you will find very interested buyers and some price shoppers with yellow page advertising. However, I think you will see those same shoppers with anything.

Last but not least, be sure to have a tracking system in place when taking calls. This gives you the opportunity to know what form of adverytising is working best for you. Hope this helps!

Wayne Volz
Profits Unlimited

Mike Bradbury
03-21-2003, 01:14 AM
will help you to learn your way around a VERY large area quickly!:dizzy: