PDA

View Full Version : Equipment?

PeteB.
03-11-2003, 10:04 PM
Ok guys, let's hear it... I am going out on my own this season, and i want to hear what you have to say about what I have/ need for equipment. I hope to be doing some mowing and light landscaping like gardens, walks, etc.

2001 Ford F-150 Super Crew 5.4l V8
2001 John Deere GT235
Toro 21" Recycler
Stihl FS 74 Straight Shaft Trimmer
Husqvarna CRT 650 Tiller
Plenty of Hand tools

I know...your basic homeowner stuff, but what do you guys think??? Can I get started with this; AND Of Course the purchase of a trailer!

Any Comments would be helpful; especially as to whether the JD could stand up to say 15 accounts per week.
Thanks guys!
ps
GREAT site! Glad I found it!

MacLawnCo
03-11-2003, 10:13 PM
the 2001 John Deere GT235 would be a home owner rider, right? you could do 15 accts with your list, but if you would get a walk behind, you could do 25+ accts in the same ammount of time. I seriously doubt the GT will hold up to that abuse for long....you didnt get much of a mower, you only payed for the colors:D

PeteB.
03-11-2003, 10:49 PM
Yes, the JD is a homeowner rider. 18hp Briggs & Stratton V-Twin. 48" Deck. Thanks for the reply. Any suggestions on a walk-behind?

MacLawnCo
03-11-2003, 10:54 PM
go to where ever gives the best service. Your dealers service should be most important decision to you. I personally prefer eXmark and toro walk behinds and Hustler Zs

paponte
03-12-2003, 12:58 AM
I know...your basic homeowner stuff, but what do you guys think??? Can I get started with this;

You tell me... can you? If you believe you can, than you will. Heck I started with a craftsman 21" and a ryan bent shaft weedwacker. I think you'll get by.

As far as a walk behind, check out whats available in your area. And we'll let ya know. Good luck! :cool: