PDA

View Full Version : Flyers Prohibited?????

LoneStarLawn
08-30-2000, 09:54 PM
Soliciting is prohibited in a small community that we would like to acquire some accounts from. Does this include leaving flyers at the door? We think so but we would like other people's input. If the flyers are prohibited, what are your suggestions on how to acquire these accounts. My guess would be a direct mailer. Thank you in advance.

Kevin
08-30-2000, 09:56 PM
Is soliciting going past someone's house and noticing they need lawn care??? You were just trying to help them.... It is a touchy situation

KirbysLawn
08-30-2000, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by LoneStarLawn
My guess would be a direct mailer.

I would agree, more trouble but might get you in the door.

lawrence stone
08-30-2000, 09:58 PM
Go to the courthouse and pull the names and addys off the
deed book.

LoneStarLawn
08-30-2000, 10:20 PM
I also was thinking about putting a sign in my yard since we live on the busiest street in the community. I do keep my lawn and landscaping very well maintained. What do ya'll think? Thank you guys in advance.

KirbysLawn
08-30-2000, 10:23 PM
I would ***ume, no that will not work, I would think that if you have a HOA you have rules, check with them. If not, it's your lawn so post the sign until it is brought up.

yardsmith
08-30-2000, 10:28 PM
my guess would be that the next best thing would be to advertise in the paper that serves that srea, & put in cl***ified or timely announcements "ATTENTION PITTSBURG (or whatever) RESIDENTS: QUALITY AFFORDABLE LAWN CARE & LANDSCAPING IS NOW AVAILABLE IN YOUR AREA. Then could add (if desired) Lone Star lawn is expanding due to public response & is now serving the XXXX area. Call for a free estimate, blah blah blah. Keep it short & sweet, to spark their curiosity. Good luck.

LoneStarLawn
08-30-2000, 10:29 PM
The reason why I thought of the sign is because there is alot of landscaping companies and tree trimming compainies that place there sign in a customers yard after a job for a period of time. I thought maybe I could put one up for a period of time then take it down. By the way, the community that I live in has alot of retirees so lawn care in abundant in this area. I see about 20 compainies a day in the area.

Richard Martin
08-31-2000, 02:23 AM
LoneStarLawn wrote:

<b>Does this include leaving flyers at the door?</b>

You should ask your local authorities. They would be the experts.

MOW ED
08-31-2000, 06:17 AM
Does the community allow For Sale signs on the lawn?

It might be a place to start. If they do then get a lawn sign for your business professionally made in the form of a For Sale sign.
You could even mount a small box on it with your business cards or flyers in it. Now if the people want a flyer they can get one.Good Luck.

Runner
08-31-2000, 10:42 AM
The idea of putting a sign in your existing customer's yard is really not a bad one. It could be one of those "Another Fine Job By Larry, Darrel, and Darrel's Lawn service". Another idea is to cruise through with your equipment on Saturday mornings and afternoon. Then you can just stop and talk to the people, I, gotten jobs like that- they're out push mowing their 4" high gr***, and I introduce myself, and bingo! That's called hustling! Also I try to do all my residential aerations on saturdays, because that's when everyone (most) are home. If Mr. Johnson sees Mr. Jones getting his yard done, he asks. "Can you do it today?"

Stinger
08-31-2000, 11:22 PM
Lone Star: What neighborhood? around Garden Ridge area or where? We mark our turf, it's like planting your flag! If you don't have your name & # on the truck/trailer then put up a sign while you're working. I can't recall how many neighbors of customers called because they saw the signage and want their yard to look like the neighbors does.

eslawns
09-01-2000, 12:00 AM
If there's a HOA, they probably have a newsletter. Find out what you can and advertise in that. I target these specifically to keep my routes short and stay in high end neighborhoods.