PDA

View Full Version : Earthscapes........

precisionlawn
03-12-2003, 05:57 PM
Does anyone use this program? I just recieved the demo today in the mail. It looks like a helluva program. The way they show how you can take a digital picture of a bare property, and make any kinda of landscape looks not only awesome, but completely realistic. The price is kinda steep, but I think this is a great way to boost sales! Anyone ever used it?

wojo23323
03-13-2003, 07:18 PM
Have not used it, but I am looking around. What is the cost?

Mike Bradbury
03-14-2003, 12:08 AM
For a new subdivision going in. I'll use one of the homes and work up a $1999 landscape package of plants and show the pic of what the house will look like with that package. Hopefully some will want more of course. What I really want is their lawn installs :)
Buddy has one, they use it on any landscaping bid, as will I. His program was under $100, I'll find out what it is.

Mike Bradbury
03-14-2003, 12:11 AM
A Best Buy or Office Depot almost always has a landscape program in their discount/clearance sections. I notice them all the time. As nice as the buds turn out, I can't imagine any reason to pay large for this.

precisionlawn
03-14-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Mike Bradbury
For a new subdivision going in. I'll use one of the homes and work up a $1999 landscape package of plants and show the pic of what the house will look like with that package. Hopefully some will want more of course. What I really want is their lawn installs :)
Buddy has one, they use it on any landscaping bid, as will I. His program was under $100, I'll find out what it is.

If you could, can you post the before and after pics. This way I can see the quality of the prgram you use.

Mike Bradbury
03-14-2003, 05:25 PM
There's another discussion "landscape program" or something similar. Bud uses Sierra, I'm trying to decide to get that or the Punch product.
If I see him this weekend I'll do it on his Sierra and post it.(if I can figure out how). Do you post them to this site or just a link to an offsite storage place?
Thanks

Turfdude
03-14-2003, 11:24 PM
Precision,

You won't be sorry w/ this decision (pardon the pun).
This program has an excellent cloning tool. This tool allows you to "paint over" existing shrubbery w/ similar objects from the background. You can restore the house back to its original unplanted state, then bring in all of the new material.

I forget what I paid last year around $700.00 at a show. A lot of others here use DIG - Bryan from PAPS is happy with this program.

Good luck.
P.S. The programs available at Staples and similar stores are pretty much limited in features and libraries and are kinda crappy.

Bob