PDA

View Full Version : Edging Help!

nickm
03-13-2003, 09:47 AM
Help! I just started a new lawn business and just when I thought that it was going great, I got my first complaint. It seems that people like to have clean edges aroung there gardens, ok, I can do that. Well, I do the edging with my trimmers and I think I'm doing it right, well I was wrong. The person told me that my lines weren't clean and they suggested that I use my edger to make a cleaner cut. The question is: Is it safe to use an edger around a garden, Is it recommended, and how should I do it properly? Please, anyone with experience with this, Please help me out. Thanks....

MacLawnCo
03-13-2003, 10:36 AM
yes, you can use a stick edger around beds. I dont know if you will be able to use a trimmer on warm season turfs, but look at http://www.edgit.com/contractorsedgit.htm#Lawn I have one and i am able to edge and trim in one motion. For edging the beds, i just tilt the disc so it rolls verticly and it creates a beautiful vertical edge. Workd great to edge walks too.

wojo23323
03-13-2003, 05:06 PM
I use my trimmer to edge the beds. It takes a little practice, but once you get the hang of it, it's easy. I stand on the grass and go from right to left and it makes a sharp, well defined edge.