PDA

View Full Version : So whats everyone goals this year????

Jon99
03-13-2003, 10:39 PM
Since this is my first season, I had decided my goal was to have 10 residential accounts by the time the season started, as of now I have picked up 3 in the last 2 weeks...

robert payer
03-13-2003, 11:27 PM
Jon,

Sounds like a good start. There is a book called Gorrila selling and it could be of help to reach your numbers goal. Another excellent book that can help you learn a little extra about the business is called How To Earn $60.00 Per Hour Mowing Lawns (or some thing like that) Can not find my copy. It is by someone named Roy Rubenthal (Spelling of name?) Sorry I can not find my book. Maybe some one can chime in on this tip and help Jon. This book can not be found at book stores. Copies can often be bought from most landscape associations I would think. If I find mine I will be happy to give you the information. I might even consider selling my copy. Most of the content is stored in my head by now.

robert payer
03-13-2003, 11:36 PM
Jon,
I am sorry I forgot to answer your question as far goals for the year. Mine is to operate the business with our newly written business plan. Refer back to as needed. It makes for an excellent road map for the business. Serves as the steering wheel. Keeping our goals on the road. We have a full 5 year plan. You can start with one that is as simple as you like. The more detailed it is the quicker your business will move forward.

Mike Bradbury
03-14-2003, 12:34 AM
did you use a software helper?

robert payer
03-14-2003, 08:49 AM
Mike,

Took a Business class at the community college. It was a big help. If it was not expected of me for school, I may have never written one. Sure glad it happened. Only now that it is finished can I understand the importance. It is like documenting where you are now and where you want to be and how to get there. Highly recommended. You can start of simple with the first one. But the sooner you do it right the faster things will move.
The Biz plan software is said to be very good.

Jon the author of the book that was described above is Roy H. Ruebenstahl Jr.

65hoss
03-15-2003, 01:34 AM
my goal is to survive another day. Anything else is a gift.

robert payer
03-15-2003, 01:50 AM
Goal for the year:

Find co-workers who's qualifications exceed mine!

wojo23323
03-15-2003, 06:02 PM
1. To retire from the Navy.
2. Increase customer base to 60 residentials and 2 commercials.

mikesjumpingin
03-15-2003, 09:26 PM
Goals...

I think someone quoted Eminem on this site recently by stating: "Failure is not an option."

This is a new business for me, and I am trying to break even on my investments by mid or late summer (excluding truck).

I'm going part-time this year and I'm trying to get 15-20 customers.

This week my goal is to drop off all 1,100 door hangers I picked up on Friday afternoon. Mistake: I dated them by saying "Spring is Near". So today I unloaded 450. Tomorrow should be the same, and then I'll have 200 more to do before it actually is spring.

I know why the return on door hangers is 1 % -- I think 99 out of a hundred blow off the door (ha ha -- I walked away from a couple and saw them blow off). Now I try to wedge them or shove them in newspaper boxes.

...Mike...
:blob3:

rbruchwalski
03-15-2003, 10:56 PM
My goal for this year, even though my wife and I are just starting out, is to have 10 residential customers. My long term goal is to have enough customers so that I can quit my present job and do this full time, but time and money will tell. Its gonna be tough to make the same money I am now, but you never know.....:D

the scaper
03-15-2003, 11:39 PM
jon99, my first year in business i aquired 17-19 regular customers, most of whom i still serv. that was with a rusty chain drive k-mart push mower out of the back of my van! you can do it too. my second year i invested in a 52" x-mark lazer and tripled my income(30 yds). this year, my third, i quit my part time cabinet job and my goal is 40-45 yds. just get out there and do it, just like you are. eat it , breath it ,and sleep it! a prayer or two will help also. good luck! ~the scaper~:)

Mike Bradbury
03-16-2003, 12:25 AM
35k for me. :blob3: :blob4: :blob1: :blob2:

LCAmerica2
03-22-2003, 11:28 AM
hey my goal is to increase to 200 and hopfully find some good workers to cut for me so i dont have to. maybe put some guys on payroll, insurance, and buy or rent a yard for me. still working out of my house tough stuff.
Lawn Care America

Bob Minney
03-22-2003, 11:31 AM
Survive another year of drought

LawnMowerMan2003
03-27-2003, 03:50 AM
Well, my goal may be mission impossible. I'm basically starting over, but I have at least 8 years of experience, so I know what I'm doing. Anyway, I've set my goal at 100 customers this summer. Anyone think that's possible?

LCAmerica2
03-28-2003, 09:46 PM
anything is possible if you put your mind and soul into it. Keep on cutting and dont let the low-ballers get to you.
Lawn Care America

65hoss
03-29-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by LawnMowerMan2003
Well, my goal may be mission impossible. I'm basically starting over, but I have at least 8 years of experience, so I know what I'm doing. Anyway, I've set my goal at 100 customers this summer. Anyone think that's possible?

Don't worry so much about the numbers, worry about the bottom line. I can go broke sitting at the house.

lawnmutt
03-29-2003, 10:08 PM
mow-money mow-money mow-money!!!!payup

Shuter
03-29-2003, 10:25 PM
Keep my business expanding upward. Up grade my mower, done, and a dump trailer, coming next week. Also not to lose any accounts from anything stupid I may do.

Nozzleman
03-29-2003, 10:46 PM
Increase profits by 50% over last year.

wayne volz
03-30-2003, 08:38 PM
:blob3: :blob4:
My goals are to pick up approximately 1 million square feet in residential fert. & weed control. Would like to put on approx. 3 million square feet in commercial work. We are almost 60% to our goals at this point.

Knights_Services
03-27-2006, 11:59 AM
GOALS:
1. Pass out fliers every day after class
2. Increase Clientel at least 50%
3. Set up things for next year where I have 2 teams running on thier own so i can GO TO SCHOOL full time (15+hrs) without working a 40hr a week job to support my poor college life. Science major, not an english major ;>)

lawnboyblake
03-27-2006, 04:01 PM
Jon,

Sounds like a good start. There is a book called Gorrila selling and it could be of help to reach your numbers goal. Another excellent book that can help you learn a little extra about the business is called How To Earn $60.00 Per Hour Mowing Lawns (or some thing like that) Can not find my copy. It is by someone named Roy Rubenthal (Spelling of name?) Sorry I can not find my book. Maybe some one can chime in on this tip and help Jon. This book can not be found at book stores. Copies can often be bought from most landscape associations I would think. If I find mine I will be happy to give you the information. I might even consider selling my copy. Most of the content is stored in my head by now.

Does anyone know WHERE I can find this book at? I really want to pick up a copy somewhere and need some help pleeze!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

Adam3669
03-27-2006, 05:51 PM
Does the library carry any of these books mentioned?

sheshovel
03-27-2006, 06:07 PM
My goal is to do less work and make more money.
In fact that is my goal every year!

Carolina Cuts
03-27-2006, 06:19 PM
#1 Goal... date Jessica Alba... cause she's so hot.
then I suppose I'd like to be more organized this year... billing, paperwork, flyers, returning phonecalls. I tend to be a little lazy on the "behind the scenes" part of the biz. Hence, right now.... I should be calling all my old customers... but no, sittin' here, drinkin' a cup of coffee... chattin' with friends, and watchin' Tool Tiime.
Equipment supply is doin' good, but I have 'wants', so I'd like to purchase the equipment I have in mind by the end of the year.... providing I have enough work.

Daily Lawn/Landscape
03-27-2006, 09:06 PM
$200,000.00 year. Includes lawn , landscape, and snow removal.:usflag:

Aadman
03-27-2006, 11:52 PM
I am in my first year and have picked up 6 accounts so far. I would like to get to 20 this year. I retire from 25 years in the Navy in 2 and a half weeks..

I was contacted by a real estate agent today wanting me to do residential lawn care for houses up for sale. I may not be doing each lawn very long but it has potential for repeat business.

Joe

BLS 2002
03-28-2006, 10:47 PM
Continue growing -- recently updated equipment--new gravely 252z and 36'' wright stander, also new truck. Grow to 30 accounts and obtain license for pesticide applications.

topsites
03-28-2006, 10:56 PM
My goal is to do less work and make more money.
In fact that is my goal every year!

me, too !!!

That, and try to figure out how some of the guys here are grossing, what was it, $500,000.00 / hour solo while sleeping?
No wait, not gross income but Net !!! Yeah, that!

Freddy_Kruger
03-28-2006, 11:04 PM
Since this is my first season, I had decided my goal was to have 10 residential accounts by the time the season started, as of now I have picked up 3 in the last 2 weeks...
My first season to, I've actually downgraded my earlier goals, I was taking on more than I do realistically. I will be busy enough with window cleaning but for lawns I hope for a hundred by full summer right now I have four tentively (from my snow customers) I would be happy with 20. In a couple weeks my bright neon flyers are going out though, adds in neighbourhood papers... I should do ok. Hell I'd be happy with 10 (not real happy I want 100, even if I have to lowball).

Jacob's Yardworks LLC
03-28-2006, 11:05 PM
$100,000 gross

nephilim0167
03-28-2006, 11:31 PM
My main goal this year is to become more familiar with irrigation, fertigation, and eventually start my own thing. There is just so much to learn in this business - I am grateful for everything I am taught. CHEERS!

justanotherlawnguy
03-29-2006, 06:53 PM
get an Isuzu NPR with Dump bed or maybe fords new LCF. Have not made a final decision, but that is my goal....