PDA

View Full Version : How to conceal a Street Drain in your yard?

jhusel
03-14-2003, 09:06 AM
I am looking to buy a lot to build on, but it has a concrete street drain on it. It is a corner lot and the drain is on the side next to where the driveway will go. I hate these things, is there anything you can do to help conceal it???

I am going to have a light limestone color stucco look on the front of the house as an arch entryway. It is light enough to where it is slightly darker than the concrete. Would you paint the concrete drain and the metal manhole that color? I think the thing that really bothers me is the metal manhole cover sticking out like a sore thumb. Anyone here have any pics or ideas how to make this less attractive?? Thanks

jhusel:confused:

Lombardi
03-16-2003, 12:25 PM
You could plants some shrubs around it to create a natural screen. Be sure to call Dig Rite or One Call to mark all utilities before digging.

Catcher
03-18-2003, 07:44 AM
The bushes are one idea.
You may want to consider something ornamental, like a planter-style item to conceal the hole.
I like working with rocks, a little pile of rocks (small boulders look best and stay out of the lawn) build up over the cover, perhaps with a flower pot or two in-between; this will also allow for drainage to the man-hole beneath the rocks ........
There are some spreading groundcovers, if you wanted to have a symetrical look you could plant some of those by the corners of your drive and wait for them to cover the concrete.