PDA

View Full Version : landscaping jobs

JTS lawn care
03-16-2003, 12:00 PM
i was wondering how you guys get your landscaping jobs most of the time. thanks

Lanelle
03-16-2003, 12:12 PM
Are you asking where do the leads come from or how do we win contracts?
Please narrow down the type of work you are considering. Commercial, residential, municipal?

JTS lawn care
03-16-2003, 12:22 PM
were you get your leads from and i will be doing commercial and residential.

Lanelle
03-16-2003, 12:30 PM
Are these going to be softscape or hardscape installations? Your name says 'lawn care'. Is that the name of your company? That does not communicate landscape installation to potential customers. It sounds more like fert/pest. application or mowing.
I'm beginnng to think this thread belongs in the Business forum.

Lombardi
03-16-2003, 12:39 PM
While driving around I look for new construction, both residential and commercial. I will then contact the owner and inquire about landscaping. If I solicit the business I will offer to do a free design for them.
Advertising and word-of-mouth are the other methods for getting jobs. Yesterday I was bidding a job at one house and the neighbor next door came over and wanted a bid on a project and then another neighbor came over and wanted a bid for his project. I ended up spending 2 hours talking with people about potential jobs. Putting your company name on your truck is a good idea. It has been a good investment for me.

paponte
03-16-2003, 04:15 PM
About 80% of our design work is from referrals. The other 20% is from local papers, website, and people getting the number off our trucks. If you are just starting spend some money on advertising, also it's good to have friends in the construction industry. Try and get hooked up with some architects, builders, etc. :cool:

Shuter
03-16-2003, 07:09 PM
Most of my work is from word of mouth. I do a small amount of advertising in the local newspaper. If you can get with a couple of good builders then the work should start coming in. Once you start like that, you can ride their coat tails for more work.

JTS lawn care
03-16-2003, 10:16 PM
lanelle my company name is JTS landscaping lawn service i dident wont to write it all out on the thing. i would like to do both but maybe a little more of the softscape.

Lanelle
03-17-2003, 01:19 AM
One of the easist ways to get jobs is to offer services to existing mowing customers. Use those jobs for photos and references. You may get some referrals from those customers or neighbors may drop by to see what you are doing. I always speak to them and welcome their questions. Once you have some of that type of work completed, its easier to talk to new customers about your capabilities.

NCSULandscaper
03-18-2003, 12:41 AM
like most of the replies on here, word of mouth is the main way we get landscaping jobs.