PDA

View Full Version : Walker Mowers

mower_babe
03-17-2003, 12:09 AM
Hello Everyone,
Does anyone have any experience with Walker Mowers? We cut alot of grass early in the day, when it is still wet and find problems with our Exmarks discharging abilities. Have heard that Walkers do well in wet grass, but have heard that from the dealers, of course. Please help if you can. Thanks and have a good one!;)

jason r.
03-17-2003, 12:47 AM
Funny you should mention this. I just did a search on them and it pulled up hundreds of threads on walkers. Use the search and type in "walker mower" Hope this helps.

mower_babe
03-17-2003, 01:12 AM
Jason, thank you much. Went there I found lots of info...could probably spend hours looking. Hey, do you mind me asking - what do u like for wet grass?

MOW ED
03-17-2003, 07:35 AM
I have a Walker and I am not sure if you are talking about BAGGING wet grass or just discharging it but I will answer both for you.

The Walker is a great mower and I have a 26EFI with the 42GHS as well as the 52 SD with doubles.
Bagging wet grass with a Walker is possible but not practical. You have to go very slow and even then you have to constantly clean the screen in the box to keep air flow thru the system. Sometimes even with that you will clog. We do not bag wet grass, it isn't worth the time.

Now if you stick the 52SD with doubles on the mower you are going places. That thing is like 3 helicopter blades spinning upside down. It cuts everything and does a real nice job. There are times when we have to go back and double cut but there isn't a mower built that will cut perfectly in all conditions every time. I have never clogged a 52's discharge.
We mow cool season grasses so I am basing all my experience on KY blue, fescue and rye.
The Walker isn't the fastest in the world of mowers but I find lots of uses for it and it makes me money. Good Luck.

John Gamba
03-17-2003, 08:14 AM
Try double High lifts On Your exmarks. Btw What exmarks are You running. In the Pic Are Lazers With Double Highs and about 8" Of Wet Grass It Was Exiting What we where Able To Do.
John.

The One thing You don't Do Is take a walker in wet.

ksland
03-17-2003, 08:58 AM
Im not sure its any better than anything else in wet grass. It will do it neatly, but you must crawl through the grass.

johnhenry
03-17-2003, 09:51 AM
Dont think any mower will ever bag wet grass.But walkers will give a beautiful cut.But if you have exmarks now.I dont know if I would change unless I had alot of bagging to do.The walker bagging system is the best as far as I am concern

jason r.
03-17-2003, 10:33 AM
I don't really do anything different in wet grass. I don't have a Walker but I do have a Lazer hp w/ the mulch kit. If it's dew or from a lite rain, haven't really had any problems. Just go a little slower. If it's real wet, but I have to mow it, I'll take out the ole Snapper rear engine rider. It's set up with the double bagger and is really lite weight. Just take off the cloth bags and let it rear discharge.

john gamba,
cool pic.... I love looking at the pics you post. You should start your own pic thread. Alot of members would like to see all the toys.

John Gamba
03-17-2003, 12:35 PM
Soon jason But we all have Great TOYS Here On L.S. Iv'e seen alot of Cool stuff.

mower_babe
03-17-2003, 02:25 PM
Thanks Guys, I NEVER bag on the riders. Really having problems with throwing the grass out of the Exmark Lazer Zs - tried hi-lift blades, mulching blades (gator type) etc. I keep the decks scraped clean (not power washed) and the blades sharp, but have a terrible time with clumps-when it is dewey or wet grass. And, yes, I SLOW down in the wet grass (I know what you are thinking about women drivers! :rolleyes:) Hey, John G., what do you mean by "double high lifts"? Thanks!

John Gamba
03-17-2003, 02:31 PM
Two high lifts On A Single Spindle In A Cross pattern. I don't Know How to post it But i Know Others here can. If You Are unsure Try to fined Someone How Has Done it To Give You a Hand. Do You have a Lazer with the Ultracut Deck? If So Just Put them On and go Mow.
John.

Dan's lawn care
03-18-2003, 01:36 PM
Well I have a lesco walk behind and it works really well when the grass is wet.

John Gamba
03-18-2003, 04:32 PM
Mower Babe
the Double high Lifts Won;t work in totally wet grass You will Fined that Out But It will Give You the edge You Are looking for. Don't try Them In Thin Grass To Much Blow out. Oh You have to put In The anti blow Out Baffle For them To work. If You Need any thing else Just ask.
Johnny G.

mower_babe
03-18-2003, 11:13 PM
Thanks Guys - Hey John G. NICE PICTURES!!!

John Gamba
03-21-2003, 08:07 AM
Mower_babe
Go To great dane forum, Go to Great dane Quality, Go to Last anwser About DECK PICH Check Your deck Like They said Very Important. Check Tire Presure To, Can Be A Big FactorIn Cut Quality.
Johnny G.

John Gamba
03-21-2003, 08:09 AM
here One More!!

PR Fect
03-21-2003, 10:27 PM
Now that's wet grass! Cool porch Light.

mower_babe
03-22-2003, 12:27 AM
O.K. Now I am jealous.:cool: Nice pix.

mower_babe
03-22-2003, 12:50 AM
Johnny G,
We have the Exmarks at 1/4" and the J Deere at 1/2". (Let's not talk about the JD) Thanks for the idea, anyway b/c I wanna make sure that I have tried everything.

John Gamba
03-22-2003, 07:05 AM
I Always Go To The Bahamas With My Girlfriend And Her Father!
Johnny G.

mower_babe
03-22-2003, 10:17 AM
Johnny G,
Really hope that is not them in the pix.:laugh: jk

John Gamba
03-22-2003, 11:57 AM
:eek: !!!

mower_babe
03-22-2003, 06:20 PM
Just Kiddin' U, Johnny. I couldn't help it. But, you do post some wonderful pixs. Thanks.