PDA

View Full Version : New Software

Weedburner
03-17-2003, 10:36 PM
Without spending a fortune I am looking for a good simple to use software package to due customer invoices and Estimates. Would like it to be able to print a nice invoice and address the envelope.

Mike Bradbury
03-18-2003, 12:36 AM
though I don't know about the envelope printing.

HarryD
03-18-2003, 01:14 AM
download the demo of groundskeeper pro. let me know if you like it. I think it does a great job with invoices and you can use windowed envelopes

http://www.adkad.com/

yergus
03-18-2003, 06:47 AM
down load the working demo from www.alocet.com -
this is for the lawn monkey program, the one i use

SummitFarmer
03-18-2003, 11:18 AM
My Deluxe Invoices & Estimates
You can get it at Office max, Office Depot or even on line I believe. Less that $50 bucks and will do all those things and even some simple sales reports.

Buddy Markley
03-18-2003, 11:29 AM
You have several oppions for your billing, spreadsheets would the cheapest and allow you to grow into a more expensive package like QuickBooks or Peachtree.

Quickbooks and Peachtree are two nice software packages to use and If you have a CPA or plan on hiring one in the future than these two are a plus. Most Cpa will be using one or both to serve their clients better because they can down load your info in to their system and work on your acounts without a office visit and the fees that come with that visit.

You just set up your accounting books send it to your CPA he will do a quick audit make some changes (maybe) then your set once or twice a year you do an audit and then at the end of year download to their system where they will prepare your taxes and then your done.

One Note, with any software the more early you get started in the year the better off you will be, there is a lot less enteries to plug in Jan. than in Nov.

As far as printing envelops, buy the ones with the clear windows and setup your invoices so the sent and return addresses show thru.

Buddy

LB Landscaping
03-18-2003, 12:01 PM
Instead of printing envelopes I use the envelopes with the window on them. My invoice already has the address on it.

HarryD
03-18-2003, 01:53 PM
buddy
Are you using quickbooks. I have the program but don't like the way the invoices are set up. with groundskeeper the customer tears off the bottom portion and puts it in a windowed envelope I send with there bill. they dont have to address it which I think gets my money faster. if there is a invoice template like this for quikbooks let me know

HarryD
03-18-2003, 02:03 PM
Here is what im looking for not sure there is a invoice template for quickbooks like it

Buddy Markley
03-18-2003, 02:36 PM
HarryD,

I just moved over to quickbooks Pro last month, I have seen a lot of invoice templates on their web site but I can not say for sure if they have that kind but I think they did.

I am sure that the pre-printed forms for QB are just like that plus they would be perferated for easy seperation, I would think that would be tough task with just regular Ink Jet or Laser paper.

Just A thought.

The real selling point is the ease of transfering data to your accountant or CPA,,for me anyhow because it is going to save me money in the long run with consulting and office visit fees.

As far as billing this year I will be sticking with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets just for the first month before I switch over to QB.
I feel spreadsheets are a very powerful way to setup ypur databases and job cost tracking and even quoting for the guy starting out, with the startup cost of equipment, insurance and whatever else the new guy can get a super book keeping system started for around $25 to $50, just by using a money program and spreadsheets.

Opps,,sorry for rambling on.

Buddy

bushwoods1
03-18-2003, 02:50 PM
I use Quikbooks Pro, and it does a good job for me. Since your company name and customer name is alredy on the invoice, just use the window envelopes and your done.

AGG Lawn Maintenance
03-18-2003, 04:39 PM
I use Quickbooks Pro Also. I was wondering about the tear off and return this with payment as well. I thought about getting Clip but the cost stopped me. ($1,000 +). I did get some info a while back on a special they had with Clip/Quickbooks for $500. I think they called it Quickbooks q or something like that.
Once again I did't get it. I wanted to just get the Clip added on to the Quickbooks I have know. The guy told me he could not do it. I demoed clip and love it. I just thought it was pricey. Depending on how much you want to spend?.... my advice demo them all. Quickbooks Pro ran us around $100+. Clip is a great green industry related program. I might have to crack and buy it this year. Travis:D

dforbes
03-18-2003, 09:03 PM
harry
you can order invoices from nebs.com that look like that and work with your quikbooks program

HarryD
03-18-2003, 09:42 PM
I looked on nebs site and did not see anything that looks like the above invoice. im looking for a invoice that the customer can tear off and put in a windowed envelope. put a stamp on it and mail it

dforbes
03-18-2003, 10:00 PM
I know i have seen them either on the website or in some of the catalogs they have sent me. I will go to the website and see if I can find it
Dennis

RELIABLELAWNMAN
03-18-2003, 11:45 PM
Just curious how many of you e-mail your invoices to your customers. My wife and I use Quickbooks 2001 and use this function quite frequently each month. We also use the standard
#10 window envelopes to send out hard copy invoicing to our customers that do not have e-mail. Having a tear off stub is not
really that important since all customers return payment by check.

RELIABLELAWNMAN
03-21-2003, 12:08 AM
Check out Verscheck.com or g7ps.com for ready to print forms
which have tear-off bottoms for invoicing and statement mailing.
They also show to have double window envelopes that are
compatible wiht Quickbooks and other programs. I have not used
them myself, but saw the blank forms at OfficeMax.