PDA

View Full Version : We are working on labor day, are you?

Kevin Graham (KG)
09-01-2000, 08:04 PM
Gotta do what'cha gotta do and besides, my guys said they need the work!

:):) H A P P Y L A B O R DAY!! :):)

[Edited by Kevin Graham (KG) on 09-01-2000 at 11:37 PM]

Evan528
09-01-2000, 08:30 PM
I am so buissy right now between getting all my lawns cut and the abundance of landscape work i have lined up its crazy! I have worked 12 hours the last 5 days even through the porring rain and im going to be working 12 hours tomorrow sunday, monday and tuesday. I need a vacation!

Alan
09-01-2000, 09:18 PM
I'll be working the weekend. Between trying to get my big truck set up for spreading and plowing and having another grade and seed job to get done there will be no break here.

Twotoros
09-01-2000, 09:47 PM
It is either work or double up on Monday. It may rain ( 1st time in 3 months!) Then it's out of my hands. Only 8-10 more mows in these parts and by thanksgiving we're all usually done. Then I'll have a few days in a row off , until march 1ST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eslawns
09-01-2000, 09:50 PM
It's rained off and on all week here. All day Wed and Thu. The ground is pretty saturated, I'll plug away at everything. Got 10 work orders from my city today on top of what I already didn't do yet. I can't complain, this is a nice problem to have. If I hit the lottery though... :)

SJR Lawncare
09-01-2000, 10:00 PM
Glad I'm not the only one.
SJR

pottstim
09-01-2000, 10:13 PM
I have to work on Monday, too. I work full time for a newspaper as a Pressman. So I've gotta be there to print the papers, work in the mailroom, and deliver. :( I'll be going in about 8:30am and I will probably work till around 1am at the earliest. Production days are killer, usually 16hrs minimum. Being as i have to work Monday, i had today off with pay. I went to the mall and got some new clothes, then spent the rest of the afternoon mowing a couple yards. All my mowing is done till next week, and i plan on taking it easy the rest of the weekend, and catching the Southern 500 Nascar race on tv. Have a good Labor Day everyone!!

Tim :)

osc
09-01-2000, 10:50 PM
I work every day, period.

mowerman90
09-01-2000, 10:54 PM
Yep, I'll be working a normal (15 lawn) day on Monday. Just like I do on 4th of July, Memorial day, sometimes even a half day on Thanksgiving. I have a saying "grass knows no holiday".

LoneStarLawn
09-01-2000, 11:40 PM
Wish we had alot of work for monday, but since there has been a big drought work has died off alittle.
Yes we will be working!!!

BUSHMASTER
09-02-2000, 12:06 AM
Well i guess I the odd man out..i left open monday but not tuesday, by tomarrow at 3pm ill be cuaght up with my obgliations and can have it off but hey i only have enough cutting jobs or 2.5 days now,why only hadmywalker for two months i haveto pick up the extra acounts to fill the newlly created free time ... hey its time to go up on service price..i like this new found time if anyone from this moment foward wants me to keepp there yard shining ts going to cost..because i like my time.Well it sounds like a good reason anyway.HAPPY LABOR DAY !

excel25
09-02-2000, 12:16 AM
Just picked up 6 new accounts this week soooooooooooo I'll be working......... Hope y'all have a great one!!!

1MajorTom
09-02-2000, 12:29 AM
Nope, not working here. Didn't work on Memorial Day or 4th of July. Don't think some of the customers would appreciate, plus we need a day off.

Jodi

Sammy
09-02-2000, 12:41 AM
Mowed 'till past dark last couple of days so as not to have to work on monday. But, have 12 acres of 3rd. cutting to get up. Some you cut and blow, some you cut and bale.

Runner
09-02-2000, 01:24 AM
Hadn't planned it this year, although I've always worked it in the past. However, NOW, they're calling for thunderstorms all day Sunday here in mid-Michigan, so it looks like I'll probably be working it anyway (those that aren't having cookouts and such) Oh well, I guess they DO call it "Labor" day!

southside
09-02-2000, 02:44 AM
I don't know what labour day in the US is about,but over here it is a holiday celebrating the Unions.The same people who help ruin our economy. They celebrate work by taking the day off. It's crap.The holidays I take are Christmas day
and ANZAC day.

Karl

MOW ED
09-02-2000, 08:14 AM
I'll be working 24 hours on the Engine and Rescue squad hopefully not having to pick up any extra business.

tpirobert
09-02-2000, 08:34 AM
Does a Bear **** in the woods?

Eric ELM
09-02-2000, 09:44 AM
I'll be working too. Karl, what is ANZAC day? Labor day for us seems to end up being the day I work the hardest. I think it was a day set aside for people that never did much labor and just needed another day off. About the only ones that get it off is Government workers (I mean employees, not workers). :)

Kevin
09-02-2000, 10:29 AM
Being a solo op has its benefits!! Not to say I won't be working more hours the rest of the week! My wife is off work (teacher), my son has no school so dad gets a dayy off.

WALKERMOW
09-02-2000, 03:04 PM
i left it up to my guys , so they all agreed to work long hours rest of next week to catch up,,anyway we all needed the 3 day weekend been hectic the past few weeks
so HAPPY LABOR DAY!!!

accuratelawn
09-02-2000, 03:13 PM
Not working here. Things are real dry. We will catch up the rest of the week.

bob
09-02-2000, 06:02 PM
As little as possible. Then bust my butt on Tuesday!! :)

dhicks
09-02-2000, 09:55 PM
I'll be working on a mulching project. The lady wants it done and she's paying top dollar, too. I love the smell of mulch in the morning.

thelawnguy
09-02-2000, 11:13 PM
I will mwo the store first thing Mon am(hate doing it when its open, its closed Mondays) then its pig roast time.

Kevin Graham (KG)
09-03-2000, 04:12 AM
sounds like about 50/50 are working, anyway...HaPpPy LaBoR DaY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

southside
09-03-2000, 04:53 AM
Eric, ANZAC day is sort of like your Rememberance day.
It honours our war veterans and dead. ANZAC day is April 25th. ANZAC stands for Australia/New Zealand Army Corp.
It started on April 15 1915 at Gallipoli Beach in Turkey
during WW1. We also have Vietnam veterans day and Armistice
day.

Karl

KirbysLawn
09-03-2000, 07:44 AM
Would not want anyone mowing my lawn while spending the day with the family or sleeping late. Finished all my lawns Saturday in the rain. Think I will sleep late Monday. :D

ant
09-03-2000, 08:11 AM
i am working on monday,starting my next round of fertilizer. doing some of the commerical sites . out of the shop at 5:30 am done at 9am .i will be in my kayak with my 7 year old son and my 4 year old doughter.5 pm b-b-q
anthony

Charles
09-03-2000, 10:50 AM
I have certain jobs i can do on labor day. So yep i be workin.

Getmow
09-03-2000, 12:05 PM
I will be working a 24 hour shift at the fire station. My guys wanted the week end off, I can't blame them. We will catch up during the week.
Take some time to spend with the family. Life is short, enjoy your kids while they are too.

landscaper3
09-03-2000, 09:20 PM
Yes we are working too, just two schools and two businesses too do I dont want to mow any of our residential acounts on monday we will wait till tuesday

Have a happy Labor Day weather your working or not

Ideal Landscaping

pfisdon
09-03-2000, 11:04 PM
I never do residential cutting on weekends or holidays because that is when they are home and full of extra odd jobs and/or complaints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GrassMaster
09-04-2000, 01:17 PM
Hello:

We never worked holidays, be afraid customers would terminate my contract. we worked mainly worked Mon. thru Fri. 8:00 to 5:00 sometimes 6:00 if we absolutly had to. I don't think anybody paying for your service wants to hear your equipment running to early or to late. Much less weekends or holidays.

Customers in most all circumstances do not want you there before 8:00 or after 5:00 Mon. thru Fri. it's only common sense. Yes, I worked a few Saturdays but very few. I always called & asked before going over first.

If you can't make it Mon. thru Fri. I would think something is bad wrong. You start working over 8 hours a day 5 days a week you just wearing down your self & employees. Quality drops & what is family doing while you are gone all the time. Ask yourself this is it worth it. Money is not worth it.

If I worked a continual 6 or 7 days a week for several years cutting grass I would be living in half a million dollar home instead of quarter of a million but I don't need that much.

Family first, then customers. This is just my thoughts & mine only. I could be wrong?

northeast
09-04-2000, 06:48 PM
Labored all day at home with chain saw,cutting up firewood for winter. Nick

ant
09-04-2000, 07:53 PM
hey stone: were you able to spray your jobs today?
rador showed a line of showers from bucks co. to atlantic co n.j. this afternoon. i was able to ,showers just missed me. i sprayed 2-4-d ,what did you spray?
anthony

sunrise
09-04-2000, 08:27 PM
NOPE went to the Outer Banks N.C.
fishing for the last 3 days
weather man said going tobe bad weather at the beach.
he was wrong great weather water was clear and warm and deeep
what a life

Premo Services
09-04-2000, 10:28 PM
no work for me !!! 4 days off in a row.
This will be the first 4 days i had off since early feb.
slept late every day, caught some fish, did nothing, it was great. back to work tuesday,the weather is going to be cooler and that is good.

kenneybros
09-04-2000, 11:57 PM
Hey sunrise... where in the obx????

Everyone needs a day off...Its a holiday, your customers wont really appreciate you coming to there cookouts toteing your weedwacker instead of a cooler.

sunrise
09-05-2000, 09:10 AM
Kenneybros we have a house at mile post 15 south nags Head it was open last week and part of this one so we enjoyed it