PDA

View Full Version : Working Full time

Chuck Sinclair
09-01-2000, 10:20 PM
How many of you have FULL time jobs besides your own Biz?
and how many yards do you do?

I myself work for a local Hospital buildings & grounds maintenance 40+ a week and do eleven yards (Just starting out)

Chuck Sinclair
Willow Brooke Landscape
http://www.wblandscape.com

cuttin
09-01-2000, 10:32 PM
I work full time(at least 40 hrs./wk) for a water utility and maintain 6 lawns after a 1 hour commute.Would like to expand next year(actually,one customer told me I'm a cinch to pick up four more accounts next year),but am worried about having the hours during the week to do it.I really don't want to work the weekend - maybe a second mower is in the picture someday.

OBRYANMAINT
09-02-2000, 04:10 PM
just left my 40 hour week job to do this only
got to about 35 accounts and that was about it +
now it feels like i have all the time in the world
feels good to relax a lot

Mowman
09-02-2000, 11:09 PM
I ALSO HOLD DOWN A FULL TIME FACTORY JOB. I WORK ALL NITE DRIVING A FORK TRUCK FOR A MAJOR FURNITURE MFG. AND CUT GRASS DURING THE DAY. AT THE PRESENT TIME I HAVE 12 ACCOUNTS, WHICH KEEP ME BUSY ABOUT FOUR DAYS A WEEK. I WANT ABOUT 40+ FOR NEXT YEAR, AS I HAVE NOT HAD A RAISE AT THE FACTORY FOR THREE + YEARS. I'M AT THE TOP OF THEIR PAY SCALE AND WILL NOT RECIEVE ANOTHER RAISE IF I WORK ANOTHER 20 YEARS, AS THE REASON I STARTED MY OWN BUSINESS. I'M TIRED OF BUSTING MY ASS FOR SOMEONE THAT DOES NOT APPRECIATE IT. AS I ONCE HEARD, IT'S BEEN THE SAME FOR 100 YEARS, IF YOU WANT TO GET ANYWHERE IN LIFE YOU NEED TO OWN AND OPERATE YOUR OWN BUSINESS. JUST MY 2 CENTS.
MOWMAN

Cletus
09-02-2000, 11:14 PM
ah will wawk an does jest about ennythin fo a dollar.Fix a truck,paint a barn yo name it mowin is in thar wif th ress of them! Fry mah hide!

[Edited by Cletus on 09-03-2000 at 02:19 AM]