PDA

View Full Version : How much

promower
03-19-2003, 11:41 PM
I had a meeting with a guy today that is very picky about the look of church property. Its big 210,000 square ft all flat. I gave him a quote with a list of other services offered spring clean up, mulching ect... Well he said if the grass gets long that he wants it all bagged. Then there is oak trees that need clean up often, then he wanted a to know what the FALL clean up would be. I said that I couldnt give him a quote on that till the time comes because I dont the amount of work it will be. He said thats not going to work because he needs to know up front how much it would be. Also he just figured that if the grass needs to be bagged because of rain that that shouldnt be extra just part of the mowing responsibilty. Thats a lot of extra work and time probably double the time if not more to bag all that grass and haul it. He basically said that I will really need to sell him because the current provider has done this property for 12 years and treats it as his own. I told him that I can rework this proposal but bagging and hauling is going to cost..... a lot. But anyway how should I write in the propsal the extra time for picking up the sticks from the oak trees. I figure it to about 1 1/2 hour to do this but sometimes it may be more or less depending on the day. Should I just tac on an $50 a week or what? I figured an extra $1000-$1200 for all that bagging he is gonna s*** lol. Hes worried about the clumps of grass, I think double mowing would solve this problem much easier and cheaper. I think hes trying to rip me off, seems like he tries to talk above me like he knows more or something, I know this guy is gonna be PITA maybe I should just forget it and tell him that I just wouldnt have time for this property right now. Thanks for letting me vent let me know what you all think.:angry:

Randy Scott
03-20-2003, 10:03 AM
I would pass. They aren't going to allocate the money necessary for grounds maintenance. Churches want everything and everyone to do something for nothing. Also, they have had a guy for twelve years servicing the property and apparently does good work, why are they bailing on in him now? They mosy likely are looking to save money.

Mike Bradbury
03-20-2003, 05:31 PM
I would price it high enough that I'd be happy and willing to put up with him if you got it. If you don't, who cares?

wemolow
03-27-2003, 06:43 PM
I agree with Randy.

C & S
03-27-2003, 10:48 PM
I would walk. I had a guy like that last year, and I tried to acomidate every demand he seemed to come up with. I did a lot of work for free, trying to keep him happy, when all I got was more mad. It really made me mad when he told me he found someone else to do his lawn care after all the work I had done. Then he wouldn't pay me! He finally payed and I am glad he is gone!

promower
03-28-2003, 01:25 AM
Thanks for the advice I just needed a push in the direction of not doing this job. I told him that I would like to have the job but would be to busy this year and couldnt spend the time I would like to on this job. He was happy with that and told me to come back next year, although I think I might be to busy next year too.

e-RoK
03-28-2003, 07:22 PM
Every Church I've ever worked with wants something for nothing. They get people from their church to plant flowers, prune, etc...They only contract for stuff they can't do....Like plow, or stripe mow the front lawn...We only do 1 church for cheap because we advertise with a sign in the front lawn and keep it looking nice.

Paradise Landscapes
05-31-2003, 10:47 AM
I would walk. People use you and abuse you. Tell tem to do it themselves.