PDA

View Full Version : Land Rollers

Countryside
03-20-2003, 12:34 PM
Our company is looking for a land roller that is towed behind a tractor. So far we are having trouble finding one. The width we are looking for is either 5 or 6 feet. They have to be steel and not poly. We will be pulling the roller with a B1700 Kubota tractor. Does anyone know of any manufatures of these rollers. Thank you for your help.

Countryside Landscape Services Inc.
Western Ma.

GreginAlaska
03-27-2003, 11:30 AM
Try this link

http://www.7315.com/priceinfo.html

They have a 60 inch wide metal roller that you put 40 gallons of water in. You can get tow behind or 3 point hitch. I thought about buying one but had a welder freind make on instead.

worthbrown
04-01-2003, 01:22 PM
I have a sod farm, and to roll the sod, I had one made. I got a used 500 gallon propane tank and put a shaft thru the middle with large bearings on each end. I added a frame with hitch to hook up to tractor. It can be used empty, or filled with water. I paid a welder since this had to be pretty exact welding. For tank, all metal, and welding labor, $800. The unit is about 10 ft wide, and flattens and 8 ft section. May be too big for what you are looking for, but does a great job.

Countryside
04-08-2003, 12:34 PM
thank you both for the information. We will look into both options.

Countryside Landscape Services Inc.
Williamstown Ma. 01267