PDA

View Full Version : Walker Clean Air Intake Modification

mcambrose
05-15-2000, 01:26 AM
I have a 1994 Walker GHS with 16hp. Has anyone done a retrofit to modify the air intake to bring it out from under engine to get a cleaner air intake similar to what is standard now. I had heard that you can buy the kit, but it is supposedly over $300.<p>----------<br>Mel<br>

southside
05-15-2000, 07:12 AM
Doesn't ring a bell here.Perhaps your local <br>dealer can help or the cleaner manufacturer<br>which is Donaldson.<p>Karl<br>

CMerLand
05-15-2000, 08:06 AM
Mel,<p>Had the retro kit put on by my dealer on my new 25 hp kohler before the season started. Definately a better setup then the stupid ass glass jar system that i must have replaced 5 times. Havent had to touch the air filter yet as there is an indicator to tell when to service the air filter. Overservicing filters is just as bad as not servicing them.<p>It was pricey $ 220 something for parts i think plus whatever he charged for labor but Im hoping I make it up in extended engine life.<p>CMerrick

JJ Lawn
05-15-2000, 09:03 AM
I put one on my 96 model 25 GHS. That was about 1.5 yrs ago, and it cost me $279 + tax. I did the install myself. Takes a little over an hour to install as you have to do some cutting and grinding on the mower to make it fit. Not real hard to do if you can use a hacksaw, drill, and a hand grinder and can follow the instructions. <p>It is well worth the investment. Saves a lot of air filters. The biggest plus is the protection that it gives you engine over the stock filter system.<p>Jim

mcambrose
05-18-2000, 01:24 AM
The retrofit kit does not fit on the 16hp based on conversation with Bob Tomasek of Walker MFG. He suggested that some people had cut the curve off of the breather assembly and installed the centrifugal air intake off of the Donaldson unit. I have ordered the parts. I assume it will be less than $50.

Bush Master
07-03-2000, 02:48 AM
Hey i own a 93 kubota gas ad the dealer said $450.00 for the kit ouch.........So i ran to home depot and bought some sch40 1.25 and some 90's and went to the parts store and <br>pick up a muffler hanger to mount it on the engagement bolts and on top i am odering a k&n Filter to use as a pre filter. good luck