PDA

View Full Version : Trailers....which do you guys prefer open, or enclosed, how much? and where?

syzer
09-02-2000, 06:13 PM
What do you guys mainly use, why and what do you think about it? How much can i expect to pay for a nice trailer, about 18ft I would think? I would rather have an enclosed looks much more profesional i think but theyseem they would be very expensive. Are there any online stores i can look at these trailers and the prices? I will most likely go with the open trailer, its just more practical. Thanks for the info.

Eric ELM
09-02-2000, 06:24 PM
Advantages of an enclosed is security, keeps equipment dry and out of the sun. Disadvantages, cost more, harder to pull in windy conditions, (Chicago, the windy city) can't pull into a gas station and fill up the mowers on a big trailer unless you unload the equipment. You need a big tank in the back of the truck to fill them or lots of cans.

I have both, but I use the open trailer to work out of. I was using the 24' Haulmark enclosed trailer for storage, but now have my stuff in a garage across the street. :D

columbiaplower
09-02-2000, 06:35 PM
i use my enclose trailer for seeding and fert applications and open for mow its easy to use

bob
09-02-2000, 09:13 PM
I have an open 16' trailer. It's backed into the garage at the end of each day. I would prefer an 18' but with the tongue it was 3" too long. An enclosed would be the way to go if you didn't have any kind of storage available. Open trailers are nice for loading mulch or a clean-up job. What ever you think will suite you best ,is the way to go.

southside
09-03-2000, 04:16 AM
We don't use either setup. We load everything onto the back
of a 3 tonner tray truck. I found trailers to be a pain,
especially in tight areas.

Karl