PDA

View Full Version : Software for mowing..

Austin
03-23-2003, 06:06 PM
Is their any software that is cheaper than CLIP or Lawnmonkey that ahs simliar features? I just need to keep up with expenses, customers, and invoicing..I dont need any other features..are there any software suites taht can do this? Everything I've tried either doesnt do everything I need or is WAAY overkill.

lrose2
03-23-2003, 06:16 PM
Austin, welcom to LawnSite. We use QuickBooks Pro 2002. It does all you asked and more. Retails for about $149.

Austin
03-23-2003, 06:31 PM
ya, i have a trail version of quickbooks i'm playing with..its just so complicated..maybe I just need to learn how to use it :)

mowerman90
03-23-2003, 06:39 PM
Try Medlin Accounts Receivable. You can download a trail version (quick download) and try it before you buy it. It's only $38 for the AR module. I've been using Medlin since the days of DOS and have tried Clip, Quickbooks, Peachtree, LawnMonkey and just about every other accounting program out there and still think that Medlin is the best unless you need scheduling. You can buy the modules you need when you need them. All modules are less than $48 each. Their support is outstanding. On the few occasions that I had a question, I called and spoke with the programmer and the problem was solved. E-mail response was received within the same day. Overall, I think it's a great program that's extremely easy to learn and use.

mowerman90
03-23-2003, 06:41 PM
Oops, forgot the link. Here it is: www.medlin.com

Austin
03-23-2003, 07:22 PM
Well, I just spent a couple hours messing with quickbooks so it looks like that is what I'm gonna stick with. I do have a question about it though. For expenses, I'm just adding them to the items list..is that correct? Here is a picture of my items list just for example purposes...make sure i'm doing this right and using it how i'm supposed to before i spend a bunch of money purchasing it.

http://www.cashville.net/itemslist.jpg

EHesseyLawns
03-23-2003, 11:07 PM
ausht, stay basic! just go to office depot and get the sales reciepts, are u still cutting the shady lady this year?

precisionlawn
03-24-2003, 12:39 AM
Groundskeeper pro.
you can find the demo ON HERE (http://www.adkad.com)

adrianvbarrera
03-24-2003, 01:15 PM
I would highly recommend Quickbooks Pro.
All of my businesses use it. It looks overwhelming at first but you can use only what you need the rest just tags along until you needed. Believe me you will need it.

Combined with Hemera Photo Objects the estimates from my construction look outstanding.

Adrian