PDA

View Full Version : Harley powered Tractor or skidsteer

SWR11
03-23-2003, 06:49 PM
Okay looking for the vet of the business. Which is better running a harley power rake a skidsteer or a tractor. What are the
advantages? Wich one is faster?
Thanks

SWD
03-24-2003, 07:35 AM
I carefully researched this very same thing prior to my purchase. I ended up with a compact tractor and a T-5 Harley Power Box Rake. My reasons:
1 - rake on rear of tractor, bucket on front so I do not have to change implements to rake and load/haul off debris
2 - I use the tractor for many other purposes
- large area fertilizing, shredding, roadside mowing with a boom mower, grade work with traditional box blade
3 - cost, a compact tractor with implements was substantially less where I live than a comparable horsepower skid steer.

Mike Bradbury
03-24-2003, 11:50 PM
What situations do you use the grader box instead of the power rake?

Thanks!
'

Pard
03-25-2003, 11:16 PM
Go with the Tractor!!!!

I have used both kinds and I found the one on the front of a skidsteer almost impossible to use unless the lawn is completely flat. The reason for this is because you cannot see the drum of the rake - so every thing has to be done by feel. Hope this helps.

Pard

SWD
03-26-2003, 07:54 AM
Mike, I use my box blade a great deal for bulk movement of soil, distribution of gravel for road maintenance and for shaping work where contours are wanted in a design instead of flat surfaces.
I follow this shaping with the pbr to clean any debris and then prep for either sod or seed.

SWR11
03-29-2003, 02:30 AM
Thanks Guys

I' m going to stay with my tractor. She think's my tractor's sexy!!!!!!!:D :D :blob2:

DaddyRabbit
03-29-2003, 11:35 PM
If the only thing you'll be doing is operating a harley rake then I'd say go Tractor, (Kubota). The skid steer is a royal pain in the *** backing up w/no way to see behind you, thank goodness for beepers. If you don't back up then you have the tracks of the tracks or tires in the newly graded area on a skid steer. However, if you're handling dirt, sod or grading then the skid steer will stomp the tractor. It does this very efficiently. I prefer tracks on skid steers, exp..Cat 257, yummy. If you will be only Landscaping then go w/the skid steer. If you plan to do things like rotary cutting or finish cutting then go w/the tractor.