PDA

View Full Version : tires tearing turf

jman00
03-24-2003, 12:13 PM
I have found that my super mini z seems to tear up turf quite easily. I know i need more seat time but i do have some experience with a z and i still tear turf. especially around trees that inside tire just eats up some grass. i know if you go slow its better but thats why i bought a faster mower so i could go faster. is it because of the smaller tires of something else in combination with my driving. what are some tactics i can use to reduce this. thanks for any advise.

mowerconsultant
03-25-2003, 09:10 AM
What is the tire pressure you are running on this unit ?

jman00
03-31-2003, 12:52 AM
i checked my tire pressure and it was 21 in the rear and 30 in the front. i lowered the back tires to about 17 and that did seem to help a little(maybe it is just in my head) is the correct thing to do is lower the pressure. also would lower pressure inthe front keep the wheels from making divots also.

when i turn the front wheels pivot and act like a drill in some sandy soils. also in soggy grass when i go to turn when the wheels get sideways it gives just enough resistance for the back tires to break free. we have gotten quite a bit of rain this month in north florida. maybe this is just it goes. anyway any help would be greatly appreciated.

Artman
03-31-2003, 10:11 AM
For best performance, tire pressures are supposed to be 8 to 12 psi in both the front and rear tires. This will make a significant difference in ride, traction, and performance.

syncom2
04-05-2003, 05:30 PM
My Super Mini Z just arrived from the dealer today with 12 lb. in the rear set and 20 lb. in the fronts. I really didn't see an imprinted range on either tire. All I noticed was a maximum rating of 20 lb. in the rear tires with a maximum of 40 lb. in the fronts. So your experience has told you that I'd be better off running 'bout 10 lb. in all four? Me, with virtually no Z driving experience at all, sure could use all helpful tidbits others have gleaned over the years 'cos I sure don't wanna be out there in my lawn with shovel and rake after I finish mowing a lawn! Thanks!
mb

bruces
04-06-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by syncom2
My Super Mini Z just arrived from the dealer today with 12 lb. in the rear set and 20 lb. in the fronts. I really didn't see an imprinted range on either tire. All I noticed was a maximum rating of 20 lb. in the rear tires with a maximum of 40 lb. in the fronts. So your experience has told you that I'd be better off running 'bout 10 lb. in all four? Me, with virtually no Z driving experience at all, sure could use all helpful tidbits others have gleaned over the years 'cos I sure don't wanna be out there in my lawn with shovel and rake after I finish mowing a lawn! Thanks!
mb

Look in the owners manual for recommended pressures, I believe you will find that to be around 12 to 13 lbs in both front and back.

Green Pastures
04-06-2003, 06:27 PM
Slow down in the turns and always keep both drive tires turning while making a turn.