PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried a telemarketing machine to acquire leads?

adrianvbarrera
03-27-2003, 06:34 PM
I have a Telemarketing system that can handle two lines and was wondering what the response might be for Lawn Care.

If not in a few months I'll post my results.

I just have to set it up so as to now call the numbers on the Do not call list held by the state.

Thanks
Adrian

turfcare
03-28-2003, 11:50 AM
I am not being rude, just my opinion, but there is nothing I hate worse than telemarketing. I can not tell you how many calls we get everyday. I also keep a list of who called, what time, and who I am talking to. I tell them to take us off their list. If they call again I threaten to sue them and it usually stops. If it is a recorded message then we automatically hang up. My wife and I also play games with them now and then.

I don't know some people may not mind getting these calls buy I do not no of any in this area. All I hear is complaints about it. I would think twice about associating your business with this practice. But in your area it may be different. No offense, just my two cents.

adrianvbarrera
03-28-2003, 02:04 PM
Thank you very much for your input.

I kinda feel the same way. It frustrates me to get these calls.

But one of the biggest landscapers in Conneticut - Tom Walczyk who owns and runs Emerald Earth relies almost exclusively on telemarketing or so I read of an article.

His telemarketing is not the Random phone number that most of us hate. He is quite selective of his lists.

I will have to research this a bit more before unleashing my machine on unsuspecting homeowners. Just kidding.

Adrian

TSM
03-28-2003, 02:29 PM
telemarketing is huge!
why do you think we get boombarded with telemarketers all the time??
Because it works!
With a good campaign, you will definately grow your business, go for it!

turfcare
03-30-2003, 07:50 AM
Let me know how it turns out, who knows you might get rich out of this!

djsmokin
03-30-2003, 07:58 AM
Where do you find a system like this, and how much does it cost?

leadarrows
03-30-2003, 08:12 AM
I don't want to be rude either this is just how I feel. I put my name on our states no-call list the first day you could. I hate telemarketers. What I use to do was keep a list of companies that called me at home. I used the list to make sure I never accidental bought there products. Just the way I feel about it. I pay for my phone for my convenience not yours. I don,t care if it would make me rich I still wouldn't use one. But hey thats just me.

adrianvbarrera
03-31-2003, 10:03 AM
LeadArrows,

I respect your opinion and it is your choice as to which products you buy and as to the selection process that you use to purchase them.

I don't like Telemarketers either....BUT
the fact that it is legal and over the weekend I talked to some people in the insurance industry that use Automated dialers and they told me it has been the best money they have ever spent, has convinced me even furhter that I need to get into using telemarketing.

Adrian

leadarrows
03-31-2003, 06:06 PM
If your going to do it any way then Good Luck to you. I admit I am more curious about it then I thought I would be. Let us know how it goes.:D

djsmokin
03-31-2003, 06:28 PM
Maybe you didn't hear me????????

adrianvbarrera
03-31-2003, 06:35 PM
The systems will cost you about $8000 for a full blown duplex system.

There might be cheaper ones out there but the higher priced ones make the voice sound almost like a real person is talking to you.

Adrian