PDA

View Full Version : Leaf boxes

bridges
09-04-2000, 07:31 PM
So what will every one be using for the there leaf box?

I was or am using a wood box with a mesh truck cover for the top. With a swing out vac. on a dump truck and need to bring the trailer too. so i don't think i have enough room with the vac. How an all mesh cover work instead of have wood?

Thanks for any replys

Tony

ant
09-04-2000, 07:36 PM
bridges: e-mail this guy he is a friend of mine and he has the nicest set up for leaves.
anthony
his e-mail weatherby14@aol.com
anme mark.

[Edited by anthonygrelli on 09-05-2000 at 10:43 PM]

Getmow
09-05-2000, 01:47 PM
Bridges, after you do the homework, let me know.
I am presently using an all wood top on my 12' dump body. The bottom 42" is the metal bed.
I tried using an all mesh top and the dust was NASTY. I put the wood roof back on with some vent holes.

bridges
09-05-2000, 07:27 PM
What no one has leaf boxes for there truck, or no one has leaves were they are.

Lazer
09-05-2000, 09:49 PM
I think more and more guys are mulching their leaves. Newspaper articles, University reports, landfill resptrictions have slowly turned perception on what to do with leaves.

Our company does $40,000 or so (which isn't much, I know) in fall leaf clean-up and we mulch them all. We haven't hauled any leaves in 2 years now.

Certainly there are companies, clients and lawns that mulching isn't acceptable/won't work.

I know this doesn't answer your question, but perhaps will give some perspective on the lack of responses.

wompy
09-05-2000, 09:59 PM
on our 12 ft stakes we use 10 ft of the bed .we inclose it 8 ft high with ply wood have 2 strips of stainless with holes in it 6"x 6' longnear the top. we use a tarp for the top a good canvas one .on the back of the truck were the 2 ft that isnot inclosed we mount the loaders on the right side and on the left side we put the hose and rakes and such.

OBRYANMAINT
09-05-2000, 10:55 PM
plan on building one w/ plywood sides and mesh top fitted to an insert dump should work but not sure how high i want to build it thinking of using full sheet plywood both sides

Tony S
09-05-2000, 11:22 PM
Use a full sheet. When I built mine 2 years ago, I cut some of the sheet off. Wish now I hadn't.

bridges
09-06-2000, 06:24 AM
So Lazer tell how you guys mulch the leafs and not have to take anyaway.

pfisdon
09-06-2000, 08:53 PM
How do you charge for the mulching of leaves while you are still mowing the lawns. Personally, I have been billing for the lawn as usual and running a total of extra time spent for a separate final bill for leaf removal in January in addition to final cleanup.