PDA

View Full Version : question about husqvarna commercial mower

rosco2350
09-04-2000, 10:43 PM
Whats your opinion on Husqvarna commercial mowers?
Should I get a gear or hydro model?

thanks for comments!

eslawns
09-05-2000, 02:38 AM
Unless the made recent changes, the WB and ZTR mowers are Yazoo/Kees painted orange. Try to find out what you can about the Yazoo. Husky doesn't really have their own identity in the market yet.

If you have the bucks, go with the hydro. You can run them when it's wet, and they are more trouble free than belt drives.

kenneybros
09-05-2000, 05:58 PM
I have to say that in a way you are absolutely correct. Husky doesnt have a reputation for mowers.. in fact I think they are probably terrible. However, you can not beat a husky saw. You may have ment that just there mowers suck but being a huge husky fan i decided that it would be good if I made everyone aware of how great there saws are. So no hard feelings if you just ment the mowers.. cuz i agree
they really dont have there name out there, I think this is only there 3rd year even making them cuz i dont think i saw any in the 1998 catalog. Oh if anyone else has an opinion i would like to hear it cuz I am not exactly the don juan(for some reason a better word was no where inside my head.. sorry!!) of the husky line of products. Good luck on your mower purchase.

accuratelawn
09-05-2000, 10:30 PM
Husky mowers are made by yazoo/kees.
I own a kees 48 inch walk behind. Good mower. Stripes great

Indiana
09-05-2000, 11:42 PM
I bought a 48" gear drive Husky back a few months ago.

I like it alot. Had to mow some slopes and banks as well as flats. Pretty fast on the flats.

It stripes real nice, mows great. Crappy when it wet.
I still like my Walker the best but the Husky works well.

landscaper3
09-05-2000, 11:47 PM
Price to price look at Exmark or Toro's they probly the same price if not cheaper and you can always find a toro dealer for service.