PDA

View Full Version : GEAR OR HYDRO ?

rosco2350
09-04-2000, 10:07 PM
I was thinking about buying a new mower next year and was wondering if I should buy a gear or a hydro model? Which works faster and what will last longer?

John DiMartino
09-04-2000, 10:28 PM
Hydro works faster and lasts longer ,it is more expensive and draws more HP to run it though.It is well worth it

bob
09-04-2000, 11:18 PM
Get a hydro. You won't regret it.

dhicks
09-05-2000, 07:19 AM
Get a hydro. Mo' money but worth it IMHO. I have Hustler Hydro WB and I am pleased with it especially on hills.

excel25
09-05-2000, 07:45 AM
Go with the hydro....... much faster at everything, don't have to stop to shift into reverse, no wet belt slipping, just go at your own pace.

Mowman
09-05-2000, 09:23 AM
IF YOUR INTO THIS TO MAKE MONEY, GET THE HYDRO. NO WASTED TIME SHIFTNG OR PULLING YOUR GUTS OUT TO BACK OUT OF A CORNER. ALSO CONSIDER A RIDER, I WAS GOING TO GET A WB UNTIL I TRIED OUT A WALKER MOWER. I'M GLAD I BOUGHT THE RIDER. I'M NOT BURNT OUT BY THE END OF THE DAY. VERY IMPORTANT IF YOU WANT TO DO SOMETHING AFTER WORK, INSTEAD OF FLOPPING DOWN ON THE COUCH DOG-ASS TIRED. THE CHOICE IS YOURS OF COARSE. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CHOICE.
MOWMAN

MOW ED
09-05-2000, 06:37 PM
This seems to be the eternal question but the eternal answer is - give them both a try.
I am a dedicated hydro man as well as a rider man but I have both (but they are both hydros).

Test drive is the key. Some dealers will let you some will not. Then you find the manufacturers rep and test one. You sir are putting out big bucks to a buy a mower and you better be happy with your purchase.
Its too late once you sign the papers - just like a car. If the dont let you test one find a different one. Good Luck.