PDA

View Full Version : Echo trimmers

Cuttingedge2k3NY
03-29-2003, 09:11 PM
hey guys i am just starting out this year and am in the market for a trimmer. i have heard several people talk about echo trimmers and was wondering if the echo 210 is going to be good enough to start out with.any input or advice is apreciated greatly thanks Cuttingedge2k3NY

grassdaddy
03-29-2003, 09:22 PM
I have 210,my son uses it,its light,but its underpowered.The next size up,230 is much better,also light,but more power about 40 bucks more but worth it.Lesco sells a kaw23 for 230.00,I like it better than both my echos. :)

PR Fect
03-30-2003, 08:49 AM
What about vibration? Shaft drive or cable?

EcoSystems
03-31-2003, 07:50 PM
We run all Echo line Trimmers and love them. We use the flex shaft and run the 260s. I would not recommend any lower model. Spend the extra money and get more power, it will pay off in the long run. Around here they run around $270. If can't aford that get the most you can.

Hometown
03-31-2003, 11:06 PM
Going to buy a new Echo 260 on Tuesday, really like the extra power of the 310 but the added weight will not be worth the price and small increase in power not to mention extra fatigue at the end of the day. The 260 series has a dry weight similar to the 210's. One other thing to think about keep all your 2-cycle power units from the same company (sthil,echo,deer,scandavia etc.)
so you can carry only one gas-oil mix container for all the units. You will need to use their oil to keep warranty valid for any service in the future.

BobR
04-03-2003, 11:52 AM
Highly recommend the 260 trimmers, lots of power, light weight, good balance, starts on second pull cold.. I have the PAS 260 and a few of the attachments only one problem so far and that was a drive cable which has a lifetime warrenty. You wont find the 260 at home cheepo or wally world you will need to find an authorized dealer .
BobR

ed's lawn service
04-03-2003, 07:36 PM
What about the SRM-230SP? It is availible at Home Depot for $249. It's a 23.6cc straight shaft trimmer? Just wondering on the quality of this machine due to the fact that there are no Echo dealers in the near vicinity.

BobR
04-04-2003, 09:45 AM
I like ECHO but then that is what my dealer sells, some guys like REDMAX or KAWASAKI or STIHL or SHINDAWA these are all great machines and the LCO'S get them from distributors / dealers in their area not from the homeowner discount stores. If you want a top notch machine shop where the professional go. The old saying "You Get What You Pay For" holds true in this instance.
BobR

CMLLawnServices
04-05-2003, 11:36 AM
Give Stihl a try: I have an FS 55r I know its a homeowner model but ive put it through the toughest stuff this summer. i bought it half way through the summer because i coulnd`t stop blowing up those ryobi units:p I`ve cut foot tall wet grass with it and thickets the equivilent of raspberry bushes, it has 27.2 cc engine and i`ve never had to run it full throttle even cutting thickets, it light for all i`m concerend and withstood really good.

PR Fect
04-07-2003, 06:57 PM
I agree, buy were you can get parts and service. But no one has said anything about Tanaka. Two of the dealers in my area sell them. I was thinking on getting the TBC 2501. Anyone owned one?