PDA

View Full Version : Directory Assistance

Meier
03-30-2003, 07:21 PM
I am using my Sprint PCS phone number as my business number. It's printed on my contracts, business cards and advertising.

But the yellow pages comes out in September and I've been thinking about getting a phone number from the phone company (it's called remote call forward) just so that if I ever need to hire a receptionist full time, I can have that option.

Almost just as important is Directory Assistance. Sprint PCS can't list my business in directory assistance. If I get Remote Call Forward from the phone company I could be listed with Directory Assistance.

Basically, with Remote Call Forward, I'd get a new phone number. When people dial it, it would automatically forward the call to my Sprint phone. If I ever get larger, I could have the number installed in an office. With Sprint PCS, at least today, that isn't a possibility, though it may become a possibility later on.

How important is Directory Assistance? The cost is about $20 per month after all the taxes and surcharges the phone companies come up with.

Worth it? How many other LCO's are in directory assistance? How many LCO's grow to the point where they need a full time receptionist?

Thanks,
DFW, TX

adrianvbarrera
03-31-2003, 11:40 AM
I don't know how many LCO grow large enough for a receptionist but what you have proposed sounds like a good option.
I guess first you might want to sit down and think how big do I want to grow. If your answer is "AS BIG as I can", then you have not given it alot of thought;And you really should. Sometimes growing bigger means smaller profits until you get stabilized. Alot more headaches and alot more time being consumed.

I am in the same boat as you. My cell phone has unlimited minutes and I really don't want to open another phone line for LawnService. But $20 a month does not sound too bad. Does it have metro service? You will need metro service unless you are planning on doing all of your lawns close to your house.
Cell phones usually have metro service included.

I might want to look into that remote service that you stated if it has metro service if it does not then I will have to think a bit about it.

Adrian

Meier
03-31-2003, 09:48 PM
You can probably get it with metro service. As for me, I'm trying to stay within a 2 mile radius of my home. Might have to expand to a three mile radius, but for now, it's a two mile radius.

Can't have drive time.

Later,
DFW, TX

adrianvbarrera
04-02-2003, 04:48 PM
Where do you live ...in which area.

Adrian

Meier
04-02-2003, 07:31 PM
I'm in Lewisville.

Later,
DFW, TX