PDA

View Full Version : Job offer

grassyfras
03-30-2003, 08:45 PM
Hey everyone. I'm 17 do mostly mowing and thinking of getting into landscaping. I was at the nursery today and was offered a job. If they let me just work one or two days a week do you think I should work there? I was told by an employee that I would be able to learn alot from working there and he knows I also have a small business too. Do you guys think I should take the job?

fblandscape
03-30-2003, 08:49 PM
So long as they are reputable, and their requirements of you are not unreasonable... TAKE THE JOB.

gogetter
03-30-2003, 10:43 PM
Yes. Makes perfect sense.

Shuter
03-31-2003, 07:33 PM
You should be able to learn more about the business by working there, but don't screw up the small business you have now.

kris
04-03-2003, 09:01 AM
Off Topic FORUM

baddboygeorge
04-04-2003, 12:21 AM
if you are serious about learning the trade a nursery is a great place to start . if your not serious about the business stay out of our way!!

mdvaden
04-04-2003, 12:54 AM
This certainly fits the forum topic of landscaping - very well.

In Oregon for example, a landscaper needs to know the plant's common and horticultural names to be able to install according to a design.

Also because our tests use only the botanical names, not common names.

Work in a nursery with strengthen your knowledge of plant names and identification.

That will further improve the quality and accuracy of your installation work as you move up in the field.

It will sharpen your skills regarding pricing, and networking with other people.