PDA

View Full Version : Blend these edges.

Phishook
03-30-2003, 11:28 PM
What would you do to blend the edges of this pond into the lawn and landscape?

My original plan was to curve the gravel from the far left by the house down to where the falls meet the pond. Then have a mulched edging arround the pond 2-4' wide in most areas.

But then what should I do about the right side of the picture, arround the Bio-falls? Still use the Hard wood mulch? But there is gravel behind the falls. Would that look to odd having a huge mound of mulch sloping down to a straight line of gravel?
It has to be one bed line arround the intire pond for easy no-trim mowing at the home owners request.

Phishook
03-30-2003, 11:33 PM
Here is a before hand shot. The bed line at the right is about three feet left of the tree. They didn't want to take the bed that far over.

Phishook
03-30-2003, 11:35 PM
oops. one more time.

NEUSWEDE
03-31-2003, 12:10 PM
Use Rocks and create kinda a wall around it so the rocks blend in with the stone and the grass, if you put mulch around it teh mulch is going to get into the water and create problems. That is what my neighbor did. I am no pro and have never done a pond but figured I would add that.
Good luck
Dylan

Green in Idaho
05-02-2003, 06:24 PM
So where's the finished photo??/ please?

Phishook
06-12-2003, 01:50 AM
sorry here it is. You should see what she did to it. After all I preached to them, "please, dodn't add any chemicals to the water. If you have any questions, Call me." What do you think she did?

She went to a garden center and they sold her a blue dye to give the fish some shade. I havn't seen it yet, but I heard it's as blue as a smurf.:D

There are some more pics in the water garden forum.