PDA

View Full Version : Cematary bid?

Tizbad1313
03-31-2003, 01:08 AM
Hi i am new to the lawncare business.I have cut several yards for a while.I am thinking about bidding on the city cematary i was wondering how much to price it?It is proably a 3 1/2 to 5 ac.I think i can cut it in about 8hrs.Any advice would help greatly.

William Camp
03-31-2003, 07:34 AM
About $40.00 per hour x how many men you have working

Hope this helps
Fourstar Lawnscaping:dizzy:

Tizbad1313
03-31-2003, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the advice that was about what i was figuring.:D

Hawkeye5
04-08-2003, 09:28 AM
Tezbad: Watch out! Cemeteries are not yards and you must bid them differently. There are some threads on the subject if you want to do a search. You will spend twice the time trimming vs. mowing. Trimming stones is very time consuming. I know, I worked as a groundskeeper at the local National Cemetery for a while. The key is: how many stones? Is the cemetery active (you can't run over fresh graves)? Who removes flowers? (You will have to move small flower arrangements while you trim) Fences and buildings to trim? Lots to consider and most new guys will underbid a cemetery.

Allens LawnCare
11-03-2009, 05:56 PM
Let's bring this back from the dead

SangerLawn
11-03-2009, 09:16 PM
They are bid by giving a price to do the job then a price per head stone. Around my parts you get somewhere around 30 cents per head stone.

Good luck…these things are extremely hard to give a competitive price on.

Stillwater
11-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Run away..........

DJ'sLawnCareSvc
11-03-2009, 10:01 PM
Well let me give my input. I have a 4.5 acre site, has a decent sized rock parking lot, and building. Maybe 3.5 acres of grass. Prob about 100-200 headstones. It takes us 1.5 hours to cut, me and another guy cutting, one weedeater. We have to maintain a few bushes in the front, and pull/spray weeds, and round off the monkey grass border, maybe a 20 minute job 1x a month or so. We STARTED off spending around 3- 3.5 hours, now, after a routine, WAY less. I bid the job a couple months ago, and got it @ 300.00 a cut. People there are cool, let me spray weedkiller around all stones to cut down trimming time, even though it killed a little too much grass. Good revenue job. Asked them how they chose me- they said i included the most services, i was not necessarily the cheapest, but my references were good, and i took care of those garden chores they detested. They love my work too.....